10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Warranty! My 4-runner just picked up a screw, I called the dealer and they said it was covered under the OEM tire road hazard warranty, they will plug (vulcanize from the inside) or replace.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warranty! My 4-runner just picked up a screw, I called the dealer and they said it was covered under the OEM tire road hazard warranty, they will plug (vulcanize from the inside) or replace.
no way! you serious? i may have to call the dealer in the AM, have a tire on order at the tire shop but not paid for.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
called the dealer and nothing like that is offered. Since there is 1900 miles on it, i skipped replacing 2 and just replaced the one. I cannot imagine there to be a major difference, car is practically brand new and since its a lease, i may have to throw new shoes on it when i give it back anyway. Still a bummer but hey, cant avoid everything.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I will have to call my Honda dealer and see if they would cover it, I can't believe Toyota would cover something that Honda wouldn't. It may just be different in Canada than the US.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have the extended warranty they cover it with a 'like' tire. My civic I was told that If i ever get a puncture and they cant repair it, they will replace it with a tire that has a similar life remaining.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts