10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda navigation systems in the past have looked terrible (my opinion of course) compared to what has been available from Garmin.

I see in the press releases for the that the nav is Garmin, but I don't see the same mention in the US material. Anyone know exactly what the nav system is for the US version? It would only make sense, Garmin being a US company and with the Euro edition going to Garmin.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
No idea. That's a detail they haven't mentioned yet. However, with AA and Carplay on any model with the 7" touchscreen you can now use google maps on the touchscreen instead of using honda's nav system.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Waze. The only navigation worth having so carplay and android auto is all I care about! :) Waze on the dash will be my dream come true, seeing police alerts on the dash to augment my radar detector. Sweet.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Everyone else should give up because Google has such a lead in the nav game. There maps program is so much better than any other one that I've seen. And its free on your phone.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Everyone else should give up because Google has such a lead in the nav game. There maps program is so much better than any other one that I've seen. And its free on your phone.
Have you tried Waze? As a note it is good enough that Google purchased Waze and that is where Google gets all the real time traffic data from now. Massively better than google nav, and it tells you where cops are sitting. Best feature ever. :)

·
Registered
959 Posts
I hvent read orheardthe nicest things about hondas latest maps...its smarter for them to just outsource, especially to providers well established with consumers

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Having experience with a number of navigation systems, I think Google will one day be the leader here, they have just about the best or one of the best maps in the world which when driving can help in a massive way. I'm sure many of you know this through using Google Maps on your phone while driving.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Having experience with a number of navigation systems, I think Google will one day be the leader here, they have just about the best or one of the best maps in the world which when driving can help in a massive way. I'm sure many of you know this through using Google Maps on your phone while driving.
I love google maps. Use it all the time and it's always been quick and reliable. Looking forward to being able to use it in conjunction with Carplay and have it up on the 7" screen instead of trying to look at my phone for directions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My gps does not beep at the exact street the navigation wants you to turn at. All my previous gps did this and I miss it. Is there a setting I am missing? The 2016 Honda gps systems are Garmin, Does your system beep at the turns if you are using a destination? Is it possible this system does not have this feature? Any help would be appreciated. I have the touch screen beep off, but I had it on before, and no beep at turns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts