10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Five days ago I picked up my new car, a 2017 Aegean Blue Civic LX with a six speed manual. This is my sixth car and first brand new car. I never expected to be buying a new car but I found a dealer that had a few of these very heavily discounted, and I liked it quite a bit more than the used 9th gen cars I looked at.

This is my second Honda, previous car was a 2003 Civic Hybrid 5 speed. When I traded it in it had 247,000+ miles and still ran great. I put almost 180,000 of those miles on it in the 8 years I owned it, including four cross country trips.

So far I’m in awe of how great this car is to drive. The handling is amazing. I had considered a 2014 Civic SI and after driving this car for a week I’m glad I didn’t buy it. I’m loving the six speed manual and the short crisp shifts. I assume it’s the same trans as the SI that I drove. The power is a huge improvement over my Hybrid, especially with the shorter gearing off the line, it feels like a rocket by comparison, and easily climbs hills at about 500 rpm less than my ‘03. And even with so much more power I haven’t given up much fuel economy, it showed 46mpg on a couple of highway trips.

I won’t be doing much in the way of modifications. I’ll be replacing the speakers and adding an amp and a 2x10” sub box, LED interior lights, and a scangauge, and maybe some vent shades. Mostly I’m just looking forward to having a fun and reliable car to drive for many years, and taking it on some long road trips.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts