10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone! Just got '17 Modern Steel EX-T here in CT! Hoping to start mods soon. WeatherTech mats have been ordered, strut bar is being ordered tomorrow, and tints are scheduled in 2 weeks! Hope to speak to as many of you as possible and get some good insight and ideas for mods!

Herman/28/Norwalk, CT

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Welcome to the forum,what type of mods you have in mind?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Glad to see we have another member on the forum looking to do modifications.
Keep us posted on what your overall goals are for modifying your Civic.

What other vehicles were you looking into before making the move here?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to see we have another member on the forum looking to do modifications.
Keep us posted on what your overall goals are for modifying your Civic.

What other vehicles were you looking into before making the move here?
I was looking @ the GTI, Legacy, A4, and grand cherokee. I work about 60mi (round trip) away from work so the fuel mileage was a factor and once I tested the civic, it was a done deal. for me it checked alot of boxes; comfort? fuel economy? tech? needless to say, very happy with my decision :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum,what type of mods you have in mind?
right now, im just working on aesthetics. so far ive scheduled tints, and ordered strut bar to reduce body roll. Im looking to put in an intake and change out the interior domes to LEDs as well as change out the headlight bulbs. Will probably do zXe for lows and LED for turn signals, backup and reverse lights in the up coming month. any other suggestions for mods? it is a lease so im weary as to how far i can actually go. any suggestions for lights?

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
I like my Carbon fiber rear window visor,Ive also put TSW Forged Nurburgring wheels.Im real happy with my Mishimoto intake along with a custom ECU tune with Ktuner done by VitViper tuning.My cars been tuned to the highest possible level without damaging the CVT.But in reality no bolt ons are required to pull great TQ/HP outa the 1.5-Turbo as confirmed by VitVipers testing.Ive Also added JDM H emblems and Mugen coilpack covers.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like my Carbon fiber rear window visor,Ive also put TSW Forged Nurburgring wheels.Im real happy with my Mishimoto intake along with a custom ECU tune with Ktuner done by VitViper tuning.My cars been tuned to the highest possible level without damaging the CVT.But in reality no bolt ons are required to pull great TQ/HP outa the 1.5-Turbo as confirmed by VitVipers testing.Ive Also added JDM H emblems and Mugen coilpack covers.
very nice :D I'm holding off on tuning, I have a lease and don't want to give them any reason to hunt and void my warranty. That's the only thing holding me back from Hondata or other tunes. Did you feel or see any difference with just the intake?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone figure out the best way to change the front grill from chrome to black? I know theres a post somewhere about it i just cant A. find it or B. dont know how to start a new thread to ask the general community. I know theres chatter that the hatch's front grill wont fit right. Just curious what my options are

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
very nice
I'm holding off on tuning, I have a lease and don't want to give them any reason to hunt and void my warranty. That's the only thing holding me back from Hondata or other tunes. Did you feel or see any difference with just the intake?
Anyone figure out the best way to change the front grill from chrome to black? I know theres a post somewhere about it i just cant A. find it or B. dont know how to start a new thread to ask the general community. I know theres chatter that the hatch's front grill wont fit right. Just curious what my options are
The intake I guess added a bit of power via my butt dyno.As for the grill the Hatchback black grill will fit.Gotta take the front bumper off though.I changed out the grill on my 09 Civic though without taking the bumper off and it required a stubby Phillips screwdriver .Im going to buy the black grill this spring and see if that's possible.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
You'll find them cheaper I think at a OEM Honda website
EDIT:Non functional link deleted.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The intake I guess added a bit of power via my butt dyno.As for the grill the Hatchback black grill will fit.Gotta take the front bumper off though.I changed out the grill on my 09 Civic though without taking the bumper off and it required a stubby Phillips screwdriver .Im going to buy the black grill this spring and see if that's possible.
LMK how it goes, def want to change it out for sure. Other option i guess would be wrapping it but that glass black would like mighty nice against the modern steel gray paint. I did see that JDM has the black RS grill but it is just the upper and not the full grill. Also would wonder what the quality is, is it authentic honda part?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/322129069942?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
I have that exact grill on my watch list^^^

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Link to forum member selling a front grill.Youll find them cheaper I think at a OEM Honda website
https://www.10thcivicforum.com/forum#/topics/16345?page=1&_k=1ly7i6
These links dont work, i just end up at the forums home page..

I have that exact grill on my watch list^^^
nice! well, if you have success with it ill have to give it a go :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I picked up the whole black grill assembly for a 5-door sport for my coupe from my Honda dealer. It's ~$200 all in (2 center pieces, H emblem, side wings above headlights, etc). I'm sure I could have found it cheaper online, but now I have no question about authenticity. Saved me some grief in the end; the first center piece the dealer received was damaged (they spotted it, pretty minor cosmetic shipping damage), took a couple days but they reordered it for free.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I picked up the whole black grill assembly for a 5-door sport for my coupe from my Honda dealer. It's ~$200 all in (2 center pieces, H emblem, side wings above headlights, etc). I'm sure I could have found it cheaper online, but now I have no question about authenticity. Saved me some grief in the end; the first center piece the dealer received was damaged (they spotted it, pretty minor cosmetic shipping damage), took a couple days but they reordered it for free.
Did they install it or did you?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Total side note, how the eff do you start a new thread if you wanted to? I've looked all over the site and havent found that ability. Lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts