10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Civic production model 3D renderings created by CarPlace went live recently. From what i've seen, this seems to be the best speculative representation of what we can expect to see come time for its unveiling:

Compared to patents:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Looks quite nice. A good balance between modern and still neutral enough to appeal to the masses. I'm sure there will be minor differences between this and the production model, but this gives us the general idea pretty accurately.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I really hope the hatchback will have a little more 'oumph' than the rather conservative sedan. I don't dislike it but it's not the wow-factor i got when looking at the limegreen sporty coupe.
I completely fell for it when I saw it but the renders of the sedan look rather bland and 'safe'. (ok a concept always looks more agressive or dared or risky)
I really wonder how the sedan would look when dressed up more sporty.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I really hope the hatchback will have a little more 'oumph' than the rather conservative sedan. I don't dislike it but it's not the wow-factor i got when looking at the limegreen sporty coupe.
I completely fell for it when I saw it but the renders of the sedan look rather bland and 'safe'. (ok a concept always looks more agressive or dared or risky)
I really wonder how the sedan would look when dressed up more sporty.
I think that they are purposefully making the sedan a bit more "bland and safe" as you put it. The Civic is a family sedan type vehicle, while the coupe is far more sporty. I think they purposefully want to make the design differences between the two variants a reflection of that. Will probably make the sedan a more safe option for the average family buyer.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that they are purposefully making the sedan a bit more "bland and safe" as you put it. The Civic is a family sedan type vehicle, while the coupe is far more sporty. I think they purposefully want to make the design differences between the two variants a reflection of that. Will probably make the sedan a more safe option for the average family buyer.
That's just what I was thinking. They have to create that divide or else people will see the coupe being nothing more than a car with 2 less doors than the sedan.

Now they need to position the coupe strong than they ever had in the past.

·
Registered
876 Posts
At least this time around we'll expect a sporty hatch, more sporty than anything we even had from Honda, even if it just looks the part as a basemodel.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think that Honda realizes that there is a lot of potential in a hot hatch version of the Civic from the reactions to the Type R. It should be coming to NA in both a normal and Type R version. I am pleased.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I actually don't mind the sedan at all, ESPECIALLY if it shows up like this. Its totally grown up. It doesn't look awkward like the 8th/9th and I'm starting to think it wears the new swoopy sheetmetal even better then the concept coupe!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
It just seems so big now. I wonder what the dimensional differences will end up being between 9th and 10th? It can only grow (I assume) having to share bones with the Accord...

·
Registered
876 Posts
I actually don't mind the sedan at all, ESPECIALLY if it shows up like this. Its totally grown up. It doesn't look awkward like the 8th/9th and I'm starting to think it wears the new swoopy sheetmetal even better then the concept coupe!!
I agree with that last part.

The coupe looks good but improvements can be made to make it less ovaly looking with its proportions getting slightly weird towards the rear....something that's solved with the sedan.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I don't really see the "ovaly" look to the Civic Coupe. Maybe you can post a picture that shows what you are seeing more clearly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts