10th Honda Civic Forum banner

New Civic grill look.

15K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  2slo4u 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Grille

My Idea of what the grill should look like.

See less See more
#4 ·
I actually don't mind the grill at all. I foresee alot of people using plastidip to color it black. I'm holding out hope that the coupe will use the "black chrome" that the new accord coupe has on it's grill and reserve the bright chrome for the sedan. Most likely the Si will have black like the concept car or they'll give it a slightly different grill treatment.

I don't mind the Acura-esque look of the civics grill actually. I know alot of people don't like it, but i really don't think the new civic has that much more chrome than the current car and since acura refined its grill i really don't mind the acura beak either. I think brushed steel look would look better than the chrome though.

#10 ·
Yea the chrome bar that goes across the Civic face I think is the worst part of the Civic design. Seeing it blacked out looks so much better. I think they could have done something different with the grille that wouldn't be particularly more expensive, but would have made the vehicle look a whole lot better.

#12 ·
It'll probably be mounted on the color portion between the upper grill and lower intake. They could probably just screw on or create a clip solution frame for that area.

Wish Ohio would get rid of their stupid front license plate law.

#16 ·
I'm pretty sure putting it in the windshield is considered illegal here in ohio, but people still do it, so i don't know. Guess it depends on how desperate the cop is to pull someone over that day.

Usually here you don't even have the option... the cars come onto the lots with the plate frame already bolted to the front bumper, which would mean you'd have to have the holes filled or make sure, if you ordered the car specifically, that it didn't have that on the front.

#18 ·
On the dash is OK for the front plate in ID, but it reflects light onto the windshield which is no good. I tried my front plate on the dash for about 5 minutes and it had to come down. I drive with no front plate because I hate the way it looks on my RSX and I don't want to block air from the radiator/condensor. This does invite the cops, though, who use the front plate as an opportunity to search the car.

#19 ·
There's always those sneaky license plate holders that you can add to the bottom of your Civic bumper so you can lower it whenever you want.
Something like this but placed elsewhere because I don't think the civic vents are big enough for it to come out from there.

#20 ·
There's always those sneaky license plate holders that you can add to the bottom of your Civic bumper so you can lower it whenever you want.
Something like this but placed elsewhere because I don't think the civic vents are big enough for it to come out from there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uALhUr4Haw
That's one thing I noticed when looking at the front end, with what's behind the grille there doesn't seem to be enough space for it to fully retract away and be out of sight....

There is however the option of having it mounted under the front lip of the bumper, doable for a lot of people.

#25 · (Edited)
A smaller grille to allow more airflow into the bay would be great. Or maybe a combination of a smaller grille and an oil cooler would look nice. I just can't wait to get my hands on one and take it apart to see what I can do to it.

Does the "H" emblem play a part in Honda Sensing like the 2016 Honda Pilot?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.