10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently bought my slightly used Civic, going in tomorrow to get 3M film and windows tinted (still not sure what shade?! 20 or 35?).

Also thinking ahead to oil changes and have been reading not so great things about the 15400-PLM-A02 oil filters from the dealer... I happen to be possibly going to the US in a couple weeks and just wanted to confirm the 15400-PLM-A01 filter would work and likely my best option? Where do you suggest ordering from? H and A? or Mower Partsman on Amazon? Are any filters made by Toyo Roki compatible with this Civic and available in North America?

What about for oil? AmsOil?

What about the oil catch cans? Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can? Or does the dealer install something like this? Not too mechanical :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone with any info? Sorry I just noticed there's a hatchback forum, could a mod/admin move this?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I moved your thread as requested. I have not heard the bad reviews on the OEM filter can you elaborate? As for the catch can, it's aftermarket only, Honda and other manufactures do not believe there is enough valve contamination from direct injection to develop a closed system that will "wash" the valves, and a catch can that has to be dumped by the owner on a regular basis is an environmental NoNo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just have read that the A02 are inferior quality compared to the A01

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try to... went with the 20 tint and very happy. The reason I was unsure is I had test drove a Audi Q3 with tinting and I could hardly see vehicles behind me but it must have been the 5% or limo tint! 20 won't be an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts