10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got a Civic LX w/ CVT last weekend. It's my first ever car purchase after my family's old 2000 Toyota Avalon that I was driving for almost 10 years got totaled in an accident (RIP, you still had 10 more years in you). It's also the first Honda we've owned in the family. Gonna be hanging around here for tips on ownership and all that jazz. Looking forward to it!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Congrats on the new car and first honda! My family was quite a bit the toyota family (corolla, celica, tercel, pickups, etc) but i'm slowly converting them all to hondas. haha. (we've now got civic, accord and fit in the family, pushing for a new HRV for my mom)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Welcome to the Honda world, you made the right choice, although I'm not sure I would be able to say that if you went for the 9th Civic. Were you looking at any toyotas before deciding to get the Civic?

A number of my Toyota friends went for the Camry instead of Civic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Welcome to the Honda world, you made the right choice, although I'm not sure I would be able to say that if you went for the 9th Civic. Were you looking at any toyotas before deciding to get the Civic?

A number of my Toyota friends went for the Camry instead of Civic.
Thanks! Toyota didn't even cross my mind, I just don't like any of their current offerings (although I rented a Camry while my claim was going through and that was nice). I was deciding between this and the Mazda3 hatch, but had a bad experience at the Mazda dealership I went to so went with the Civic. Could not be happier so far.

Congrats on the new car and first honda! My family was quite a bit the toyota family (corolla, celica, tercel, pickups, etc) but i'm slowly converting them all to hondas. haha. (we've now got civic, accord and fit in the family, pushing for a new HRV for my mom)
Haha, we have no brand loyalty. In my family we have a BMW 5, a 1999 Ford Expedition, a Mazda6, and now my Civic.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I could never buy a Camry. Not that they are bad cars. But, they are used a lot as taxi's and I just can't see myself owning a taxi as my daily driver..:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
my family's old 2000 Toyota Avalon that I was driving for almost 10 years got totaled in an accident !
Condolences on your Avalon. Those cars were built with luxury in mind but over time they also serve as a good ole warhorse of a car.
My 2nd car is a 2000 Toyota Rav 4 with 154K miles on it. I'm hoping to put another 150K on it if I can. It's not much for power, but it has no fear of any type of weather condition :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your first Honda ! Plan on letting the mod bug get the best of you ?? ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good ole Toyota, sturdy as **** but not that persuasive in the looks department. Congrats on the new Honda Civic! It's both reliable and one of the best looking lineup out there for an affordable price.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Good ole Toyota, sturdy as **** but not that persuasive in the looks department. Congrats on the new Honda Civic! It's both reliable and one of the best looking lineup out there for an affordable price.
Add to that driving dynamics, as more information comes to light we should see that the new Civic was designed with future performance trims in mind, so in a way they're building in the tolerance for that performance. Compared to the Corolla that might not have any of that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is also my first Honda and second Japanese car, I owned a few Honda Motorcycles in my life time and I never had any real issues with them. I just joined the Forum recently, so welcome and good luck with your car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts