10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

New member here and new Civic owner. I picked up my red 2016 Civic Coupe on Tuesday, so far I really like it a lot. A big improvement over the "thrifty yet powerful" 93 chevy c1500 short bed I was driving before.

Before this I'd always been an old car guy. I still have a 68 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 512 BB mopar in it. I drove out to Indy from L.A. in a 64 Plymouth Fury in 2004. That was just what I liked, and I still do, but I was ready for something new. I looked at pretty much everything but at the end of the day the EX-L Civic Coupe just seemed to be the best car for what I wanted.

Looking forward to participating in this group.

Side note, righr before I owned the Fury I had an 84 Civic wagon that was pretty rough when I got it. It ran pretty good though but one day the radiator sprung a leak and it overheated bad enough to kill it.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
We've come a long way from leaky radiators and overheating wagons. Honda;s are generally beasts so I'm sure the new civic coupe will last you years to come. Congrats on the new civic! Any mods planned for the future?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Although that old wagon broke on me, I did like it quite a bit when it was running. I had a big Dobsonian telescope that fit in the wagon quite nicely. It drove fine, and was really good on gas. I was bummed when it broke.

The new Civic is freaking awesome, I love that little car. One of the reasons I bought it was Hondas excellent reputation for building quality vehicles. The fact that it's a two door helped also, it's hard to find a decent two door anymore. I plan on keeping it for a long time, heck I may die before it does, I'm not so young anymore. LOL

No mods planed at the present, but I'll leave that door open.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts