10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My name is Jessica, I recently joined this site to learn about my gen of si and to meet other like minded people. A bit about me, I’m a photo retoucher by trade, (photoshop) with a (slight) passion for motor vehicles, tattoos, and coffee.

I had a 2013 civic si coupe for about three years. During those years I also bought a 2004 Honda Shadow VLX 600 and bobbed it. (although I currently ride a 2010 Harley Sportster 1200) Being frustrated with the si coupe, (not being able to put anything or anyone in it comfortably...) I decided to lease a 2016 Honda HR-V. That was the STUPIDEST thing I have ever done. I hated that car... Long story short, two years into my four year lease, I went and traded it in on my new 2017 civic si. I’m smitten!
I can’t wait to start working on her small mods.Hobbies include riding/ driving, drawing, gaming, and nerding out to Avatar the Last Airbender. (I’m 28 going on 12.) Feel free to ask me anything!

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Her name is Jessica. To me, I like the Hatch personally, more practical, costs less, probably as fast, Honda CVT ported from the Accord.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Her name is Jessica. To me, I like the Hatch personally, more practical, costs less, probably as fast, Honda CVT ported from the Accord.
Good point, i was thinking too that it will have a better resale value, but hard to say how that will be till we see them on the market. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
A six speed hatch will bring a higher resale value than an equally equipped coup, sedan, or CVT hatch! BUT will have a much smaller market. As for the SI I don't think you can touch the resale.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Why are you already thinking about resale if you love the car which I guess I am alone in that notion. ROFL. No one is going to top this Civic and if someone does, it will be another Civic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why are you already thinking about resale if you love the car which I guess I am alone in that notion. ROFL. No one is going to top this Civic and if someone does, it will be another Civic.

I'm not thinking of resale. Idk why the subject was brought up, but I know from experience that the civic's only hold their resale value when they're back on the lot. I've never been able to get what I owe back out of them.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I'm not thinking of resale. Idk why the subject was brought up, but I know from experience that the civic's only hold their resale value when they're back on the lot. I've never been able to get what I owe back out of them.
That's somewhat true. My experience is to research true resale values of similar cars (specific brand and model, with options and mileage and in your locality), and negotiate current market pricing rather than accepting the value thrown out by the dealer when attempting to trade. When I bought my '17 Hatch they really low-balled me on my 2007 Coupe, but I held out for a higher value, knowing that they'd be putting it on their lot for 25% more than the resale numbers provided by KBB and NADA indicated (which they did). Their initial offer was $3200 with the NADA trade value at $4500, and a retail of barely over $6000. They listed the car for $8300 and it wasn't on their lot for very long.

The reality is that a used Honda brings a better resale value than many other brands, whether trading in or selling outright. This is a small advantage when buying one, but an advantage nonetheless.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome! Like the avatar shot, wish I had the tools and knack for photo retouching. What is that tat design on your leg?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I absolutely love our pearl white sedans! such a fun practical car lol.
What about fun and practical in red or champ white..i think the black trim pieces go best with red but not bad in white, eventhough I'm not a red guy, necessarily. you know what I mean, JESSICA???? white is the safe red, you agree??? I was looking at the black fake vents today on my PMM gray hatch and they are smaller than the ones on the white hatches, you notice this Jessica?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts