10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am genuinely curious as well. I plan on getting a '17 6MT EX-T, but I still want to at least test drive the LX 6MT 2.0L.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I drove one tonight for about 8 miles. Feels pretty good but I was taking it easy. I might buy this car tomorrow.
Did you at least get to test it under different conditions that make you go easy with the transmissions and even stress it with harder shifting?

Even under situations where you have to overtake other vehicles and trying to merge on the highway? Getting a feel for those gear ratios help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only thing I did was drop from 5th to 3rd while entering I-35 but nothing extreme while accelerating. I assume this 6-spd is not the same as the one in the Si. The car only had 4 miles on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got one 2 days ago, cant stay out of the darned thing! Looks good, feels good, drives good, corners like it's on rails, runs like a scalded dog, and it makes the young women swoon! lol I feel like I'm back in High School!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought it on 4-1 and like it so far...more fun and performance than the '14 LX I traded-in. Of the 85 Civics in stock,mine was the only 6-spd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts