10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new member here. Currently an 8thgen and 9thgen owner. Can't wait for the 10thgen :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8thgen is weekend warrior and 9thgen is my daily. Both are such different cars they balance each other out and make them equal to me, ��.
Definitely waiting on sedan even though coupe concept has my full attention

Reactions: Smith

·
Registered
441 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The sedan is much more practical but I really like some of the styling elements on the coupe. It is definitely enticing. Maybe a few less doors is worth the nicer spoiler. Hmmm.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am also looking to get the 10th-gen sedan. The coupe is awesome looking but just not practical. Am also very interested in the new 5 door hatchback coming out next summer.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I am also looking to get the 10th-gen sedan. The coupe is awesome looking but just not practical. Am also very interested in the new 5 door hatchback coming out next summer.
Ah interesting. I haven't heard many people say that. How come the Civic hatch speaks to you but something like the HRV doesn't?

welcome to the boards BTW

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe beause civic hatch = type R :). J.k...
HRV seems like a sweet car. I compare it to the Subaru XV Crosstrek, which I also really like.
Btw,I didn't realize hatch was coming here as part of 10thgen. Is that fact or speculation? If fact, and it's nice, I'd be willing to wait for hatch instead of picking up Sedan...

·
Registered
876 Posts
8thgen is weekend warrior and 9thgen is my daily. Both are such different cars they balance each other out and make them equal to me, ��.
Definitely waiting on sedan even though coupe concept has my full attention
Good choice!

What do you have done to the 8th gen? I bet it's a lot!

I think aftermarket for the 8th was the biggest in recent times, last time might have been the 6th. 9th seemed to have taken a hit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My 8thgen is pretty much stock. It's a Mugen so all I did was powder coat the wheels bronze and wrapped the full interior will leather. 9thgen isn't too bad with mods. I personally have it lowered on eibachs and Hondata Flashpro. I was considering I/H/E but I decided to wait for the 10thgen instead :).

·
Registered
959 Posts
My 8thgen is pretty much stock. It's a Mugen so all I did was powder coat the wheels bronze and wrapped the full interior will leather. 9thgen isn't too bad with mods. I personally have it lowered on eibachs and Hondata Flashpro. I was considering I/H/E but I decided to wait for the 10thgen instead :).
How do you find the Hondata flash BTW? Heard good things but nothing first hand really...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far so good. Can't explain it but engine feels smoother. Also, I love the fact that I can monitor a bunch of sensors using iPhone app wirelessly using Bluetooth. Launch control is a definite perk (especially with all this torque/whelespin). However, I do feel like a protune would be great on this car as well. I had one done on my '15 STI recently and it made a huge difference (yes, I realize the STI is turbo but I still think the n/a SI motor would respond great to a protune)

Reactions: 5TAR

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
And there's nothing like a screaming N/A honda engine, especially when vtec kicks in, and of course with an exhaust that opens up and complements how the engine sounds without being raspy or anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Exactly. I am about to order a q300 because my 9thgen SI is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too quiet. All least my Mugen has the Mugen exhaust which sounds throaty.

Reactions: Smith

·
Registered
876 Posts
Exactly. I am about to order a q300 because my 9thgen SI is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too quiet. All least my Mugen has the Mugen exhaust which sounds throaty.
I've noticed most hondas are like that, my usual remedy is a cold air intake and of course an exhaust from Mugen or something similar in refined sound.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts