10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Kel and I have a 2010 Red Honda Civic ExL coupe and it's almost paid for and I'm looking for to the 10th generation. I really hope Honda doesn't disappoint us with this car. I hated the 9th generation because that's why I have an 8th gen. I hope they offer the rear wing spoiler instead of the lid spoiler things they been using. I hate them things. They save all the best for the SI when everybody can't even drive an automatic, I've never understood that. I under the SI needs more hp but let the buyers be able to add what they want on their own model. I hate how Honda packages things. I miss the 90 Hondas because they were great cars then. honda please don't disappoint us with this car I'm really looking forward to getting a ExL 2016. #ToBeContinued

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sounds like you have some reservations. I think that we are going to get a full spoiler and not some type of lip spoiler. What do you mean by "everybody can't even drive an automatic"? Can't everybody drive an automatic? Not everybody can drive a manual.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Sounds like you have some reservations. I think that we are going to get a full spoiler and not some type of lip spoiler. What do you mean by "everybody can't even drive an automatic"? Can't everybody drive an automatic? Not everybody can drive a manual.
I think it was a typo. No Si's have ever come with autos. Sounds like what she's saying is offer us an automatic Si or offer us similar performance/appearance packs on sub Si models.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think it was a typo. No Si's have ever come with autos. Sounds like what she's saying is offer us an automatic Si or offer us similar performance/appearance packs on sub Si models.
Got it. Was there ever a chance that they wouldn't offer an Si with an automatic transmission? No automatic would stop a lot of people from buying the Si.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I've been saying for years that the Si needs an automatic option. And now they have the perfect option with the DCT that Acura uses. And word is it'll be used in other honda products like the Type R, the S2000 successor (baby NSX), and new CRZ. Having an auto option in the Si would potentially bring in customers Honda looses to companies like VW (GTI,GLI) that offer autos with their sporty offerings.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Technically the automatic is better than the manual at this point anyway. Choosing only manual wouldn't be for performance reasons, and at that point you would have to ask what other possible reason would they have.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Technically the automatic is better than the manual at this point anyway. Choosing only manual wouldn't be for performance reasons, and at that point you would have to ask what other possible reason would they have.
Well it's always been because honda was a "purist" about its sports cars. The s2000, the Si all only ever had manuals because it was the purest form of sports car.

But, in this day and age when the manual is a dying breed and automatics perform faster/better than their manual counterparts i feel it's time for honda to get with the times and offer an auto on the Si (and possibly typeR) to bring in sales they could be losing to sporty competitors that already offer autos.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well it's always been because honda was a "purist" about its sports cars. The s2000, the Si all only ever had manuals because it was the purest form of sports car.

But, in this day and age when the manual is a dying breed and automatics perform faster/better than their manual counterparts i feel it's time for honda to get with the times and offer an auto on the Si (and possibly typeR) to bring in sales they could be losing to sporty competitors that already offer autos.
Its fine that they offer a manual, but it can't only be a manual. It would just exclude too many people. They are a business, and doesn't that mean they should be trying to include as many people as possible?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Its fine that they offer a manual, but it can't only be a manual. It would just exclude too many people. They are a business, and doesn't that mean they should be trying to include as many people as possible?
Well that would be the sensible route wouldn't it? But up to this point Honda hasn't shown any interest in giving any of it's sports cars an auto... even the Si. So fingers crossed for this one. If the Si has an optional auto i will forgo the EX coupe and go straight for a base Si with automatic (fingers crossed for no ugly red interior either like the current Si seats)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Honda have always been like that. It`s actually the other way around, automatics are what they always offer but it can`t ONLY be an automatic, they have to stick to their roots to some extent.. offering a manual.. while they can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts