10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grabbed a 2016 EX-T sedan rally red friday. Coming off a 2015 tacoma. No need to drive big any longer.
The car cost me 20899 plus gap, extended warranty to 100k and maintenence place for 52 months of ourse tax/tags title, fees. 27898 out the door.
Hope mpg is as stated. Going to love that after driving Rams and the tacoma for the past 20 years. >:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome to the club!

I would be interested in a break down of your add ons, +7k seems like a lot although I realize that includes you sales tax, title, etc.

I think you're going to enjoy your new car. My 5 months of ownership has shown about 28 City and anywhere from 42-50+ hwy depending on how fast you drive. Anything above 65 seems to start pulling it down to the low 40's.

My Touring has been relatively trouble free. The display has a bit of a learning curve to it, just remember to keep you eyes on the road though!

Enjoy and let us know how things are going for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the club!

I would be interested in a break down of your add ons, +7k seems like a lot although I realize that includes you sales tax, title, etc.

I think you're going to enjoy your new car. My 5 months of ownership has shown about 28 City and anywhere from 42-50+ hwy depending on how fast you drive. Anything above 65 seems to start pulling it down to the low 40's.

My Touring has been relatively trouble free. The display has a bit of a learning curve to it, just remember to keep you eyes on the road though!

Enjoy and let us know how things are going for you.
Yep .. I'll have to pull the paperwork out, gap, 6/100k bumper to bumper extended warrant, 52 month service plan. Then taxes, tags fees. I'll get the number if I remember when I get home.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
20899 car
189 mud flaps
140 wheel locks
103 title / tags
739 admin fee
2200 extended service contract
900 prepaid maintenance
950 gap
599 resistall - humm actually missed this. Dogs ...
191.25 tax on service contract

26910.25 + 807.50 = 27717.25 dont compute. .. missing something .. close though, 27,897.43 at 2.49 for 60 is $495 a month. Yep . contracts are a little expensive .. but I dont care. Like I said Im 53. If I have free time, Id rather not screw with the car. Id rather be riding my Goldwing. This actually drops my Tacoma payment from 554 with the same coverages AND the gas savings will definitely be $$$ in my pocket. My round trip to work is 82 miles. .... and dammit .. I go over these things with a fine tooth comb and still missed the resistall . what the **** is that ?? Also now that I'm taking a 4th look I also see my home number is wrong on two docs. Got to get that squared away.

Not to mention I have to take care of my wifes Highlander .. luckily still under the warranties she bought Not too much to do there. My daughters 98 Mirage, the other daughters 07 Galant .. the Goldwing, the Vtx, the rider and push mower. So .. Ive been around long enough to know .. pay now pay later. Chewed them down as much as I could. If my credit union would have met the finance number I could have saved 600 on gap alone. Oh well .. cant take it with me !

·
Registered
382 Posts
how do you fit in with the bikes? easy one...remove the dreaded 'T' brand one on the right! they tout it as an SUV...it should be able to handle the elements just fine night after night! gotta get both the Honda's in the garage!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how do you fit in with the bikes? easy one...remove the dreaded 'T' brand one on the right! they tout it as an SUV...it should be able to handle the elements just fine night after night! gotta get both the Honda's in the garage!
Yeah ... problem is .. wifey wont go for that idea !! :(

·
Registered
876 Posts
Will be interesting once they make bikes in that segment go electric, already there are a couple brands trying to get in early on the whole electric bike market. Harley being one of them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it will be a while. I test road all of the zeros ... man torque city !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts