10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I just picked up a new SI as a fun commuter and am loving it so far. I have had many cars, but one of my favorites was my 8th gen SI. I got rid of it when I was working from home for a couple of years and have been missing it since I went back to commuting.

In my first week of ownership I have put ~650 miles and since I have been gentle during the break in period I have been averaging 38.5 mpg! I am amazed, I really need to thank my gf's daughter for coming home from college and needing a car which left me without the c-max for my commute. Can't get much better of an excuse than that :D

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome! Beautiful car congrats!! I had an 8th gen si as well and I loved that car im in a 10th gen si now as well and loving it even more!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 10genSi! I agree the 10th is even better and has so many features it's a great value too. One thing I miss is the engine in the 8th gen as it had so much more personality. New engine has more power and way more efficient so I won't complain, but the sound that 8th gen made from 6k up was beautiful

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Welcome to the forum.Love that color.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks 10genSi! I agree the 10th is even better and has so many features it's a great value too. One thing I miss is the engine in the 8th gen as it had so much more personality. New engine has more power and way more efficient so I won't complain, but the sound that 8th gen made from 6k up was beautiful
Couldn't agree more I was in my buddys 8th gen the other day and when he hit VTEC it sounded amazing lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts