10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the next Si will have 205 HP, which is the same as the last gen. You think they could have at least bumped it up some.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here as a perspective buyer.

Honestly, the numbers don't bother me so much as the styling. I still am having a hard time over the huge plastic honeycomb on the front and rear bumpers of the coupe.

Then the sedan just looks weird. Too much crosstour suedo sedan coupe styling. I guess i just don't like this 4 door coupe fad going on now.

The mechanicals and features sound solid and i'm sure the coupe will be a great car, was just hoping for a better looking car, especially the sedan.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
there is as to be a K engine with vtec or there will not be a big difference on some pulls vs the normal version

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Sport HB FTW!!!!!!! Forget this thing,,,,,lol
Ha Ha Ha totally,My EXT has more HP/TQ since it's been Ktuner tuned by VV.

·
Registered
1 Posts
next car?

We just got a red civic ex-t 6peed for my other half. She drove a nissan 200sx for 19 years - bought it new - still runs well but she wanted something new. I drive a 2010 370Z roadster, 6 speed I've had since new. I am so blown away by what super car this civic is that when the SI is available will have a close look at it. I've asked the sales mgr at my nissan store to see if he can find a 2016 version of what I drive or a nismo - I prefer rear wheel drive - but that said this new SI with things like the LSD, bigger brakes, adjustable suspension, well known Honda reliability etc is definitely a possibility subject to a decent test drive. The type R is interesting but price will be approaching what I drive now but it's not off the short list.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got into my white 2017 civic si coupe this week. The power Honda quoted is underrated!!! Feels like 200hp/200tq at the wheels. I love the LSD too!! Such an Awesome car! It's gonna be crazy after the hondata tune LOL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So Honda really underrated these cars big time... vitviper dyno'd his 17' si at 201WHP. The 9th gen si's come it at 174WHP... so really the power is not the same at all. On top of that Hondata released a new flashpro with +6 and +9 tune... +6 tune adds 27hp out the gate...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts