10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey what's going on fellas. It's my first time joining a community like this one so bare with me if I sound like a newbie :p

About me:
I live in South Jersey and I am currently a Junior in college expecting to go into P.T. School as a graduate. My mother is leasing a 2014 Civic Sedan and I've been driving my her old car a 2002 Nissan Altima. I love the car, I maintain it on my own, done oil changes, changed the brakes, serpentine belts, spark plugs, etc. but after it reached its 100k mark it began giving me problems my struts are squeaking and I am expecting them to be replaced soon however I don't have the money for the parts or taking it to a mechanic, I have an unfindable oil leak somewhere in the engine, a/c doesn't work, and my coolant reservoir is goes empty like at the end of every month. I'd continue maintaining it however I am short on cash because I am in school so I figured to save has much money from working and student loans to buy a new car and I have to say the 10th gen. civic has to be mine!!! Civics are fun to drive and great to commute but I've always thought civics were boring, aesthetically but once I watched couple of reviews on youtube of the 2016 I fell in love with the now matured civic. I am hoping to buy it in August when my mother's lease expires and I have enough money to make a down payment and use the Nissan as a trade in. From the looks of it I'll be have enough cash for either the EX or EX-T. I am looking forward to hearing from you all!!:)

Questions about the new civic:

Honda Sensing, is it worth the extra money or not really?

To turbo or not to turbo is the question? I know this is a dumb question but I am very hesitant about getting a car with forced induction especially from Honda because I believe it is the first time they are implementing this on a vehicle being sold in the market. My concern with the turbo will be the maintenance, is it worth it? Or too early to say?

Edit: Black Civic with the Ivory interior WILL BE MINE!!!!!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Welcome to the forum and don't worrying about anything! We're a fun and friendly group of people who's more than happy to have new members joining us.
Do you plan to purchase a new honda civic next year August?
I personally don't think Honda Sensing is worth the money. Driven for years without it and not one accident to my name but some people do enjoy having that safety net. Ultimately up to you.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey what's going on fellas. It's my first time joining a community like this one so bare with me if I sound like a newbie :p

About me:
I live in South Jersey and I am currently a Junior in college expecting to go into P.T. School as a graduate. My mother is leasing a 2014 Civic Sedan and I've been driving my her old car a 2002 Nissan Altima. I love the car, I maintain it on my own, done oil changes, changed the brakes, serpentine belts, spark plugs, etc. but after it reached its 100k mark it began giving me problems my struts are squeaking and I am expecting them to be replaced soon however I don't have the money for the parts or taking it to a mechanic, I have an unfindable oil leak somewhere in the engine, a/c doesn't work, and my coolant reservoir is goes empty like at the end of every month. I'd continue maintaining it however I am short on cash because I am in school so I figured to save has much money from working and student loans to buy a new car and I have to say the 10th gen. civic has to be mine!!! Civics are fun to drive and great to commute but I've always thought civics were boring, aesthetically but once I watched couple of reviews on youtube of the 2016 I fell in love with the now matured civic. I am hoping to buy it in August when my mother's lease expires and I have enough money to make a down payment and use the Nissan as a trade in. From the looks of it I'll be have enough cash for either the EX or EX-T. I am looking forward to hearing from you all!!:)

Questions about the new civic:

Honda Sensing, is it worth the extra money or not really?

To turbo or not to turbo is the question? I know this is a dumb question but I am very hesitant about getting a car with forced induction especially from Honda because I believe it is the first time they are implementing this on a vehicle being sold in the market. My concern with the turbo will be the maintenance, is it worth it? Or too early to say?

Edit: Black Civic with the Ivory interior WILL BE MINE!!!!!
hey welcome to the boards!! get in touch with @HondaGeek, he's a dealer out in jersey too

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
If you're going to be driving a lot during rush hour traffic and overall want a safer driving experience, then you can see the value in it. Adaptive cruise control is the biggest perk for me. I have 2 hours of rush hour commutes to go through daily.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum and don't worrying about anything! We're a fun and friendly group of people who's more than happy to have new members joining us.
Do you plan to purchase a new honda civic next year August?
I personally don't think Honda Sensing is worth the money. Driven for years without it and not one accident to my name but some people do enjoy having that safety net. Ultimately up to you.
Yes I have plan to purchase a new civic August of next year, I figured by that time they'll be plenty of deals going on as well dealers are going to try to push as many 2016s as they can for the 2017 models

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yes I have plan to purchase a new civic August of next year, I figured by that time they'll be plenty of deals going on as well dealers are going to try to push as many 2016s as they can for the 2017 models
welcome! wait until September for the good deals ;)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Smart move since by then they'll be less of an incentive for them to be aggressive with what ever additional costs will be added to the initial release models.

Plus you'll have a better chance of seeing a wide range of Civic models in person before finally signing off on the specific configuration you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Always buy approaching the end of the month, dealers are trying to reach sales incentive targets and depending on how close they are they will be willing to do a lot more. I'm not sure how low they will go on the new ones but a friend of mine got his 9th hundreds below cost just so the dealer would beat another one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts