10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
So these should give us a better take on what the production Civic will end up looking like. Styling has been toned down a bit, but luckily the tail lights are staying the same. :D We also get a look at both the coupe and sedan variants. One gets tail lights that span the entire trunk while the other does have the light bar going across the trunk.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I really like what they did with the tail lights on the Sedan, great way to differentiate it from the coupe.

Even the coupe looks great.

Here's one of the original spy shots to compare:

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'm a bit disappointed that the tail lights don't have the light bar that goes across the trunk. While the tail light still look cool on the sedan, I just thought the light bar was a really cool design touch.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I'm a bit disappointed that the tail lights don't have the light bar that goes across the trunk. While the tail light still look cool on the sedan, I just thought the light bar was a really cool design touch.
It sucks the sedan doesn't have it but if you look at the coupe, it helps to give the coupe more of a sporty edge, expected as that's what they did with the concept.

·
Registered
991 Posts
If I think of it from the coupe perspective (making it more sporty), then it makes more sense to me. I find coupes less practical, but I might almost choose the coupe just for the tail lights.

·
Registered
876 Posts
All depends on what you need your vehicle for
If it's just you and someone else, coupe all the way.

But some people just like sedans without needs that a sedan can completely fulfill.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Having the 4 doors is just more practical even if you are riding solo often times. You can open the back door to get groceries or whatever in and out of the car much easier. I find it hard to give up that convenience for the coupe just because the coupe looks better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
From what I can see in the pictures above. The spy pictures don't seem to appealing as yet. I know these spy pics will change as time goes on, but I kind of was expecting a different look from Honda - for the Sedan model. Looks like a blown up accord. What do you guys find appealing so far?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I think that the sedan has a nice and aggressive stance -- tilted slightly forward. I love the rear taillights.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I guess they don't even have to file a patent yet because it is so far out. At least we know what the status is of the Civic hatchback.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The front looks like a refreshed accord.
Sadly that's the new reality, lack of creativity from model to model and it's not just Honda but just about the whole industry, even all the way up to vehicles well into the 6 figure range.
:(

·
Registered
991 Posts
Sadly that's the new reality, lack of creativity from model to model and it's not just Honda but just about the whole industry, even all the way up to vehicles well into the 6 figure range.
:(
There is a balance that brand's have to find between making each model distinctive and also having a design continuity that makes the brand recognizable. There is definitely a trend towards more design conformity, and I bet it has something to do with costs and time as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts