10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
No one knows for sure yet, but honestly I think it probably is true at this point personally. Honda was selling the 2016 HR-V in May 2015 time frame roughly and I guess I do not expect the Si to hit until then at the earliest so it makes sense to sell it as a 2017 at that time. Some are saying that it will not be out until fall and man I hope that is not true. I have to be in a new car by August of 2016 and was hoping for it to be an Si.

I'm now sitting here trying to see what other cars I might consider if the Si is not available. I could get an EX-T or and Accord Sport I suppose but they are not an Si. Then I have to look at other brands and I'm just not sure what else I'd want so going to have to look around a bit just to keep me safe/sane I suppose until we hear more news. I'll need to have a backup plan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hondapro Jason said probably spring 2017. Doesn't bother me too much. I really have my eyes set in typeR. This will give me a few more months to get more equity from my '14 SI. What will suck is that I don't want a fist gen from a new generation of car. 2012 was bad for Honda civics with oil leaking. So far the problems are luxuries and the cars are still getting people from point a to b.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm new to Honda. In past years when was the Si announced? Any pattern?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I've seen from a few sources June 2016 release and if pushed back a month to be safe that would be July. They said Honda has been pretty on as far as hitting dates and all things are saying June. Who knows. Hopefully I'm safe by August..... It will be released this year (2016) I fully expect as the early 2017 release will be for the Type R.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Honda will sell the tenth-gen Civic as a coupe, as a sedan (pictured), and as a hatchback in every market, but whether all three body styles will get a Si-branded model hasn't been confirmed yet. Honda has time to make up its mind because the new Civic hatchback hasn't been introduced yet, and the Si isn't expected to land until late next year at the earliest.

What's next?
Enthusiasts who want more than 230 horsepower will need to wait until the next generation of the Type R is introduced during the first half of 2017. Technical details for the range-topping model in the Civic lineup haven't been announced yet, but recent rumors claim that Honda is developing it with the United States market in mind.

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/next-honda-civic-si-to-get-230-hp-turbo-four-90539.html#ixzz3uz78ImKn
Found this that talks about it a bit. nothing about Canada specifically, but we do know that each market will seem to be decided on separately.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No one knows for sure yet, but honestly I think it probably is true at this point personally. Honda was selling the 2016 HR-V in May 2015 time frame roughly and I guess I do not expect the Si to hit until then at the earliest so it makes sense to sell it as a 2017 at that time. Some are saying that it will not be out until fall and man I hope that is not true. I have to be in a new car by August of 2016 and was hoping for it to be an Si.

I'm now sitting here trying to see what other cars I might consider if the Si is not available. I could get an EX-T or and Accord Sport I suppose but they are not an Si. Then I have to look at other brands and I'm just not sure what else I'd want so going to have to look around a bit just to keep me safe/sane I suppose until we hear more news. I'll need to have a backup plan.
I'm in exactly the same boat. My '98 Prelude still drives great but body rusting away and need a "presentable" car as I am recently single. I can probably hold out until June 2016 or so but not much longer. If it is going to be as late as "late Fall 2016 to Spring 2017" (rumour being discussed on CivicX Forum), my current "Plan B" is to lease a car for as long as it takes for the Si Coupe to come out, so maybe 12 - 18 months. I test drove a Focus ST a couple of months ago which was a blast to drive, but fit & finish was not great. ....so I decided to wait for the Si Coupe, since at that time it was expected out by around now (Dec 2015).

....if the rumours are true, looks like I might be back looking at Focus ST lease takeovers. BTW I tried really hard to like the Accord Coupe, but the horrible loose steering that can't pull itself back to centre when you let go completely disgusted me! All enthusiast drivers should totally boycott that car for just that reason, IMO. lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hopefully this isn't true; but I'm thinking it's probably a reality, at the earliest I'm thinking late-summer to fall of 2016 (reveal in March of 2016 I'm guessing).

I'm personally holding out for the CTR; but it's ultimately going to come down to price (including dealer markup) and body style. I really want to get into a hatchback...though based on what I've seen the Si will only come in coupe and sedan form. So I might need to sacrifice my want for a hatchback if the dealers decide to put some crazy markups on the CTR and go for a Si sedan.

Currently I have a '02 EP3 Si, it's been good to me, still in great shape mechanically and body wise; but I'm really yearning for some more tech amenities (Carplay and Android Auto in particular) and 2 additional doors...also want to stay with a performance oriented Honda.

Until then I'll just be squirreling away cash for a down payment.

·
Registered
991 Posts
'02, wow that's so long ago now. :p

I think that next summer makes sense as far as timeline goes. I just don't really want to be forced into a coupe. Both the sedan and the hatchback just are more practical.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
thaseint, you are a patient individual. I don't think I could wait that long for a change of scenery.
I can see how someone would be patient, after so long of owning a vehicle it becomes far cheaper to own it, that's what's been keeping me tied to my 03 Sedan. Aside from regular maintenance, random costs that still are far better than monthly payments... but days on the 03 are soon numbered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can see how someone would be patient, after so long of owning a vehicle it becomes far cheaper to own it, that's what's been keeping me tied to my 03 Sedan. Aside from regular maintenance, random costs that still are far better than monthly payments... but days on the 03 are soon numbered.
Exactly this, not only does it become cheaper to own but you eventually get really good at doing repairs/maintenance on it. I've owned my EP3 for nearly 12 years (bought it brand new) and it's been nothing but good to me.

Personally I wouldn't mind keeping my EP3, I've sunk quite a bit of money in mods, blood, sweat and tears into it; but I really want something that's 4 doors (preferably a hatchback), has a bit more power from the factory and better tech amenities. 2 doors is nice when you're single but once you get married, do several road trips a year, own a home and a couple dogs the advantageous of 4 doors can become pretty obvious.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Exactly this, not only does it become cheaper to own but you eventually get really good at doing repairs/maintenance on it. I've owned my EP3 for nearly 12 years (bought it brand new) and it's been nothing but good to me.

Personally I wouldn't mind keeping my EP3, I've sunk quite a bit of money in mods, blood, sweat and tears into it; but I really want something that's 4 doors (preferably a hatchback), has a bit more power from the factory and better tech amenities. 2 doors is nice when you're single but once you get married, do several road trips a year, own a home and a couple dogs the advantageous of 4 doors can become pretty obvious.
Exactly, that's where its won (at best), with those who are mechanically inclined and take advantage of the information available online on forums, even OEM service manuals and haynes repair manuals. Get right down to the problem and fix it for cheap.

Even those not mechanically inclined are still winning, just can't go a mechanic that will get right to the problem and not play guessing games.

·
Registered
135 Posts

The EP3 is certainly a unique bird, keep it if you can!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The EP3 is certainly a unique bird, keep it if you can!!
I'd love to, I've spent a lot of money getting it to be a EP3-R clone (except for the engine); but unfortunately my garage can only hold 2 cars, so that's my car and my wife's. Can't really keep any cars in the driveway.

The only real option I would have is to have my dad hold it at his house; but I'm really not sure how often I would get around to actually driving it. Just makes more sense to sell it, hopefully to someone who enjoys it as much as I do.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts