10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note for people looking for Si info, it is being rumored that there will be no Civic Si for 2016 which has been mentioned before, but now they are saying none at all this year. So a 2017 as expected but none the ground until we are actually in 2017!

I sure hope the rumors are wrong as I was waiting on an Si and I only have 7 more payments on my current lease. If no Si then I likely will end up in something other than a Honda which sucks but there is nothing else that would excite me, though my options would still me limited. No clue what I will do yet.

For now I hope the rumor is not true and sometime in August/September we will still see one.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Not sure about August/September but we should hear more when the coupe comes out or at least at one of the motor shows. Maybe a journalist will bring up the question.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
That seems odd. I figured they'd introduce the Si models late summer/early fall as 2017 models along with the new manual 1.5T models. Only thing i could see taking us into 2017 is the Type R given honda's previous statements about the rollout of the new civics.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Surprised you didn't mention the Focus ST. From what I have observed -although it's a hatch- it's a great alternative to the Civic Si. Plus if you're the type to do modifications, there's already a good amount out at the moment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Surprised you didn't mention the Focus ST. From what I have observed -although it's a hatch- it's a great alternative to the Civic Si. Plus if you're the type to do modifications, there's already a good amount out at the moment.
A POS Focus is not a great alternative to anything, except maybe a Dodge Dart..lol

Especially after 80k miles or so..

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, the ST and GTI are the closest but I have owned Fords and they truly do not hold up. Also styling I just do not like. GTI is a VW and that's just a huge no. I have owned two VWs and never again. At least Ford is not a for sure never lol. Not a ton of options in this space really. I'm sort of anti hatch, but the right car could convince me but not my wife. WRX is option too but would have to lease as not known for being reliable again.

Considering a used car now, not sure really yet lol. I may go massively off the wall and look at lightly used luxury sedans or something.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, the ST and GTI are the closest but I have owned Fords and they truly do not hold up. Also styling I just do not like. GTI is a VW and that's just a huge no. I have owned two VWs and never again. At least Ford is not a for sure never lol. Not a ton of options in this space really. I'm sort of anti hatch, but the right car could convince me but not my wife. WRX is option too but would have to lease as not known for being reliable again.

Considering a used car now, not sure really yet lol. I may go massively off the wall and look at lightly used luxury sedans or something.
VW's are great until the day after the warranty runs out...>:)>:)

·
Registered
876 Posts

Exactly my reasons for waiting on Japanese brands to pick up the pace, Toyota might be coming out with something, judging from the changes they've been making as of recent.

At the very least, test driving a Focus ST is what I will do, video's like the below make that hard to pass on:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts