10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2016 Civic EX-L with Nav. I recently did the map upgrade and no longer get the voice guidance. I checked the voice guidance and it is turned on and volume is up to 11. The music lowers when the speaking is supposed to occur, but no voice comes out. It worked prior to the update.

Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tried the update several times, but kept getting the "can't connect to servers ..." message. Contacted Garmin by email and got this:

"Thank you for contacting Garmin International. I am glad to assist with this issue. This is a known issue with the Honda update. Garmin Express is having issues with the map update and the fix is for you to contact Garmin by phone and ask to be connected to the Software team. They will be able to fix the Garmin Express application so that it can produce the update. If you need any additional assistance, please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-800-1020 Monday-Thursday 8am-6pm Central and Fridays 8am-6pm Central (closed holidays)."

45 minutes on the phone with Garmin. Until they get a fix in their system, they can solve the problem on a one on one basis. 30 minutes after I spoke with them I was able to do the download.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
:laugh:The infotainment can be buggy on our new Civics. Thanks to everyone helping out, this is what makes forum's like this great!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I purchased a new 16g flash and formatted to Fat32. I get the following message when I place it in my Honda and try to update the maps:

"The information for you navigation system could not be written to the external media. Please confirm the media is connected and properly functioning."

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased a new 16g flash and formatted to Fat32. I get the following message when I place it in my Honda and try to update the maps:

"The information for you navigation system could not be written to the external media. Please confirm the media is connected and properly functioning."

Make sure you're using the USB port on the dash (behind the infotainment head) and not the one in the armrest...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a similar problem with the system after updating the maps. The update went fine but now when I try to dictate an address, the prompts do not work and it will not listen to my voice. I think it's an issue with garmin and NOT the head unit. I will give them a call. In the meantime, I have been using apple maps and it has greatly improved. Please update this thread with any additional relevant information. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Make sure you're using the USB port on the dash (behind the infotainment head) and not the one in the armrest...
hello I have same issue can anyone please help me. I formatted my pendrive like 100 times and it doesn't work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts