10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any new Civic owners using Torque Pro/light on there phone or tablet via an OBDll Bluetooth adapter? Has anyone used the parking brake defeat and used this app directly on the 7" Android Auto, to real-time stream data?

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is the BT adapter I use. I've used this adapter with Torque Light on three different phones and two tablets, it's cheap, I've have had zero issues with it on ANY car I've used it on (Honda or otherwise), and would highly recommend it: Veepeak Mini Bluetooth OBD2 OBDII Scan Tool

It's currently $12.99 on Amazon Prime with free Same-Day shipping

As far as to answer the Android Auto question, here is what an admin on the Torque forum said about the same question:
Unfortunately the Google stipulated guidelines for this mean that it’s unlikely to happen at the present moment.

This is mainly because you’re not allowed to have ‘changing’ content on the screen (animated, etc, so that rules out moving dials). Other aftermarket headunits running android already run Torque, and are not affected by the google limitation. You can install Torque on any of these units if you have one that lets you download from google play or the parrot asteroid market.
Hope this helps, mate! ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts