10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I expect it won't be more than $500-700 over current base cost. But the extra host of upscale features could push up pricing considerably more for the Ex and Si.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I expect it won't be more than $500-700 over current base cost. But the extra host of upscale features could push up pricing considerably more for the Ex and Si.
Even the base EX doesn't have that much more tech over the current car. Obviously the EX with turbo will have that upcharge for the better engine, but in terms of standard equipment not a ton is changing for the 2.0 EX model over the current other than the same things that are changing on the LX (suspension, engine, etc)

Once you get into the EXL model that really does have a bunch of new added features that's when you'll see a more dramatic price hike for sure. And of course the touring model is all new, so we don't have anything to compare it to in the current lineup, but it's not hard to make an educated guess considering everything it comes standard with.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Ok so basically we are think a modest increase of the current model. Nothing revolutionary. And that makes sense. Obviously the new model is going after the same audience as the current one. Options can hike up the price so that it starts to become a more high end vehicle in terms of features and extra stuff.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Ok so basically we are think a modest increase of the current model. Nothing revolutionary. And that makes sense. Obviously the new model is going after the same audience as the current one. Options can hike up the price so that it starts to become a more high end vehicle in terms of features and extra stuff.
And that's the point of the Touring. It offers things never seen on the civic while the rest of the lineup stays relatively the same as now in terms of tech. BUT. You can add the sensing suite for like $1000 to any model, so they get their money for the really new fancy safety tech. But really, until you get to the Touring the features lists on these cars are pretty similar to the 9th gen models not including the obvious changes made to the whole range like the engines and mechanical differences that underpin the car.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Too bad Honda's page on the civic doesn't show anything important, the only interesting this going on is this:

And we have a far more specific date here ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dudes, my one concern is about the vents on the dash. I live in the Inland Empire region of CA where it gets freakin' HOT. I need gale-force AC winds screamin' outta the vents. And looking at the photos, I wonder if the right-hand vent (the one that is still on the center area of the dash--not the far right one) will be able to send its stream all the way left into my face when I'm driving. In other words, it's very important that my face gets blown by 3 out of the 4 vents--not just 2. Some cars do this well, and others not so. Any of you blokes have a good guess how this new Civic will perform with this? Thanx!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts