·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Hatch manual community

Nice rides guys keep em coming.

·
Super Moderator
424 Posts
@ RallyeRedTxHatch ;)I usually don't like red cars, but with all the black accents on the sport it really looks great. Normally I go for all black ( I have not seen a black sport yet, no chrome) but i'm afraid that some of the styling will be lost when it's blacked out. My dealer will be getting in a black sport touring this week, l will take pictures and get back to you on whether you have my new favorite Civic or if it's still the all black!

·
Registered
9 Posts
@ RallyeRedTxHatch ;)I usually don't like red cars, but with all the black accents on the sport it really looks great. Normally I go for all black ( I have not seen a black sport yet, no chrome) but i'm afraid that some of the styling will be lost when it's blacked out. My dealer will be getting in a black sport touring this week, l will take pictures and get back to you on whether you have my new favorite Civic or if it's still the all black!
Thanks. I had originally wanted Aegean Blue, because 3 of my last 4 cars have been red. I also really liked the Sonic Grey Pearl with Red ground effects.... My dealer had a Sport Touring that was SGP with Red Ground Effects, but not manual (Pic is for reference. It's an EX)

As far as all black goes, I think you're right about losing some of the styling as there'd be no break in color for your eyes to contrast the different shapes and design features. I personally will never own a dark car again because of paint maintenance....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it just me or those red accent kind of lip kit is really making the new civic ricing up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi GLBG,
Please help. What is the country of origin of the Manual Transmission for the 2017 Hatchback? Please check your window sticker for me.
Thanks,
UCLAsom

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi GLBG,
Please help. What is the country of origin of the Manual Transmission for the 2017 Hatchback? Please check your window sticker for me.
Thanks,
UCLAsom
i have no idea why you want to know that?
(do you have a manual car?)
if yes welcome.........if not.........

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi GLBG,
Thanks,
UCLAsom
Sorry for the late response...

Assembly point: Swindon, Wiltshire England
Country of Origin: Engine:Thailand
Transmission: india

·
Registered
9 Posts
Going to be ordering a Sport in blue soon. They don't seem to think that anyone wants the manual trans in this country as I am seeing less than 50 on autotrader. Have had 3 civics since '03, the last being a 2010 Si coupe. Will possibly be the first or one of the first to do a HID projector retrofit on this car as I haven't seen anyone do it yet and even the guys at retrofit source don't know which ones will fit yet. I'll keep everyone up to date in my mod thread once it gets going.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Going to be ordering a Sport in blue soon. They don't seem to think that anyone wants the manual trans in this country as I am seeing less than 50 on autotrader. Have had 3 civics since '03, the last being a 2010 Si coupe. Will possibly be the first or one of the first to do a HID projector retrofit on this car as I haven't seen anyone do it yet and even the guys at retrofit source don't know which ones will fit yet. I'll keep everyone up to date in my mod thread once it gets going.
yes! keep us post!
and welcome!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I traded my 08 SI for a 2017 black sport hatch MT last night. It is going to take some time to get use to the differences but a drop, intake, and a reflash will ease the pain of giving up my SI. Look forward to gaining some information in this forum. I was on 8th gen forum for 8 years.
BTW, I found my 2017 Sport online, it is used with 5K miles and it was only 10 minutes away. Had just been posted and not even detailed. So, I avoided the initial sticker shock and got a bumper to bumper 7yr/100k mile warranty. I am very fortunate that I found it before anyone else did since the MT are so rare and especially with the deal that I got on it.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I traded my 08 SI for a 2017 black sport hatch MT last night. It is going to take some time to get use to the differences but a drop, intake, and a reflash will ease the pain of giving up my SI. Look forward to gaining some information in this forum. I was on 8th gen forum for 8 years.
BTW, I found my 2017 Sport online, it is used with 5K miles and it was only 10 minutes away. Had just been posted and not even detailed. So, I avoided the initial sticker shock and got a bumper to bumper 7yr/100k mile warranty. I am very fortunate that I found it before anyone else did since the MT are so rare and especially with the deal that I got on it.

wow welcome sir!
and you will not be dissapointed with your new hatch!
plenty of power and boost!
i bet you would outrun a stock SI with your new car....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts