10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Honda will be revealing their Civic Hatchback concept at the Geneva Motor Show and we managed to catch glimpses of the camouflaged vehicle; well here it is fully revealed in these low resolution images.

They may be blurry but they are official and CarScoops thinks that it could be the production model but with a few bells and whistles added. The prototype you see could have been equipped with a modified bumper, side skirt, alloy wheels and green accents. Since this is a concept car designed for the Geneva show you can expect the production model to be toned down a bit.

The rear end is just as striking as the front with two large vents on either side of the center mounted exhaust pipes and part of the moulding is lined with the same lime green found on the bumper and sides. Overall, it’s an aggressive looking Hatchback.

Engine options have already been confirmed for the European market; two VTEC turbo gas engines in 1.0 and 1.5 liter displacements. For those of you in North America, you may see the 1.5 and 2.0 liter VTEC turbo engines. No matter which variant you choose, it will still be built at Honda’s Swindon factory in Britain.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This carscoops image looks great. Another source noted the addl. rear quarter windows, which look good, but wether they work ?, a changed roof panel too.
It is hard to judge but this appears to be closer to coupe length ~177" compared to sedan ~182.4"

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm not sure about the spoiler. I think it might be better with that being a light bar instead of a solid spoiler.

·
Registered
156 Posts
2.0L turbo motor? How far north of 200 hp would that be? Better than a Focus ST (252 hp)?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
No idea how much HP it would produce but we should be hearing more soon.
And this hatchback is one of the few I don't hate in terms of design. Now if they can just give us that nice green outline as an additional package.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This 4 door hatchback is what I've been waiting for. If it's 180" or less it can fit in my spot in the garage and will likely be my next car -- as long as it comes with a manual trans in trim higher than LX.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I appreciate the sporty roof line, but I am also concerned that the very sloped hatch is going to make the storage space more limited than it could be, and also affect visibility through the rear window. I think that it is a little strange to have spoilers coming off both the trunk lip and the top of the rear roof. The bottom one should just be a light bar and the top one should stay because it creates a more sporty roof line.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Visibility does seem to be a problem. Maybe they can remove the rear passenger headrests to reduce rear view blockage.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Headrests the fold or back would be great but I bet that might present a safety issue incase they happen to be faulty. Then that could tigger a lawsuit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts