10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get ready for the tenth-generation 2016 Honda Civic, which will make its debut September 16 in Detroit and Los Angeles. This will be the first time the world has seen the production version of the new Civic, which was first shown in concept format the 2015 New York auto show earlier this year.

We already know a fair amount about the completely redesigned Civic, which rides on an all-new platform and will use new turbocharged engines. The standard Civic sedan that will be shown first is likely to use a 1.5-liter turbocharged VTEC four-cylinder that’s slated to be built in the U.S., while performance-oriented Si and Type R versions will use the 2.0-liter turbo-four from theEuropean-spec Civic Type R, in various states of tune.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow this is so exciting, it'll be here very soon. I surprised that it's not debuting in Frankfurt but its in the same time frame so thats ok.

Does anyone know how AutoMobile knows this? I tried looking for more sources but I cant find any. I just hope they're not pulling a RobbJK88 on us by getting their info from the depths of the internet.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow this is so exciting, it'll be here very soon. I surprised that it's not debuting in Frankfurt but its in the same time frame so thats ok.

Does anyone know how AutoMobile knows this? I tried looking for more sources but I cant find any. I just hope they're not pulling a RobbJK88 on us by getting their info from the depths of the internet.
Automobile probably got an official invite from honda for the reveal events

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
If they're not showing the 10th gen in the Frankfurt auto show, wonder if they'll have one of their other designs there like the hatchback or the coupe.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If they're not showing the 10th gen in the Frankfurt auto show, wonder if they'll have one of their other designs there like the hatchback or the coupe.
Its extremely doubtful we will start seeing anything about the hatch until this time next year. That car still has at least (if not more) than a year before it's release.

The coupe will most likely (sadly and stupidly) debut at a later auto show this year closer to its on sale date (sometime before SEMA where the Si variants will probably be shown).

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm sure the 10th will be in Frankfurt... It's just not debuting in Frankfurt...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Its extremely doubtful we will start seeing anything about the hatch until this time next year. That car still has at least (if not more) than a year before it's release.
oh no, I so hope you're wrong
if so it'll be a very long twelve months :crying:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Ok so pardon me if I'm maybe reading into something a bit much... BUT do we think there's any significance or even a connection between Honda dropping the Civic on Frankfurt Eve and then debuting that V4 engined little formula car the next day?

Honda said the V4 revolution has begun... I'm just wondering if they don;t have something stupid bonkers planned... like a V4 engined Type R... or even stupider (by stupid we mean cool of course) a Twin Turbo 1.0L V4... talk about exotic LOL ;)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
That's a type of engine i'd love to hear, just hope it still has that distinctive honda 4 cylinder sound to it that we all love.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like i mentioned in another thread, I could see honda using the V4 for niche sporty models. The new S1000 would be great with a turbo 1.0 V4 engine. I doubt something like the civic would ever get a V4 (other than the Type R maybe) but who knows, honda keeps things under wraps so tight they could shock and surprise. The new CRZ with a V4 hybrid setup maybe... the new baby NSX with a twin turbo V4? I was very intrigued by that line" the V4 revolution has begun" Maybe we'll see honda breaking from the i4 for certain products in the near future.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Well then, looks like i'll need those available in MP3 ;)

This gives hope to production versions taking on more of an exotic note, possibly to the effect of Nissan's VQ (found in the G35) over other V6's that don't sound as great.

Can't wait.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I think most brands will go with the most efficient engine that is still powerful. The exhaust note matters, but isn't at the top of the list because they know they can create those sounds artificially in the cabin of the vehicle.

·
Registered
959 Posts
In all honesty IF and IF Honda puts V4's or V4 turbos into cars...well...can we say sleepy Big Red rose its head? :D ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts