10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By a number of persons' statements, both in this forum and elsewhere, 11/04/15 was supposed to be the official introduction date for the 10gen Civic. Well, today is 11/04/15, but as I write this I can't find any evidence of that claim. Honda's landing page for the new Civic (http://automobiles.honda.com/10th-gen-civic/) simply says "Coming this month." (I'm still waiting to see a configurator.)

I've checked a number of dealers in the San Francisco Bay Area, including one with which I have a personal relationship, and none has a 2016 Civic for sale. To the contrary, they all are still carrying significant inventories of 2015s (many hundreds in aggregate). What little I've learned corroborates statements made elsewhere in this forum, that dealers are being required to draw down 2015 stock to a certain threshold before they can sell the 2016s. There could also be supply chain issues as the cars have to be shipped by rail all the way from Ohio or Ontario to transshipment interchanges in Sacramento, Stockton, Oakland, Fresno, Los Angeles, or San Diego, and thence trucked to dealers, many of whom are quite distant from any of those rail termini—California is the third largest state after Texas and Alaska.

I've observed that the '15s are being aggressively marketed to sell, with big markdowns and financing incentives; at least one dealer I looked at isn't posting any prices online, instead urging interested buyers to "Please call." But I think that, at least here, in Honda-loving California, which is also the United States' largest car market, where last year Civics and Accords were the top-selling cars in their respective segments, it will be a while, probably a week or two at least, before we see any new Civics at all. *Sigh*

Generally I'm not very excitable but I have to say that I can't wait to take a test drive in one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ditto. They're probably trying like **** to get them out there with all the hype, but realistically not ready to. I'd rather them be slow about it though than have them push out a half baked product. Even worse, I'm waiting to see the coupe. Hope my rusted out pickup lasts long enough!

Hahaha, the forum **** out the h word! How about Hades? Go all mythological.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Those dates are from members asking their local dealership.
Not surprised that they're trying to sell the older gen in bulk because from what i can see, they seem to have an excessive amount of stock. Have heard that manufacturers won't give them the new gen if they haven't sold enough of the older models too but haven't found proof of that.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is there a cut off date... we know Honda won't release the cars to dealers with too much 2015 stock, but there has to be a point where Honda can't hold the cars back any longer as its going to negatively affect that dealerships ability to compete for business...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Is there a cut off date... we know Honda won't release the cars to dealers with too much 2015 stock, but there has to be a point where Honda can't hold the cars back any longer as its going to negatively affect that dealerships ability to compete for business...
There has to be an official on sale cut off date. Granted, their inventory of new civics might be choked slightly until they get rid of the 9th gens, but in certain areas where honda dealers aren't as saturated they can't lose sales/deny customers in whole areas just because the dealership can't get rid of their old stock.

It's just crazy to me that they haven't announced an on sale date yet.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Mines showing as of 2 minutes ago, 962 New cars in total. 12 civic hybrids, 14 coupes, and 277 sedans. Ugh...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Will there possibly be one benefit from all this delay? Namely, that when they say, "Go," they will mostly have a good selection of trims and colors to choose from. Because my fear has been that even when cars are available, that I'll have to wait weeks before I can see all the colors, etc.

Cause I don't know 'bout y'all, but I'm still unclear which color is best. If only they offered a deep red, then game over. So I need to see them first!

·
Registered
2 Posts
153 at my preferred dealer (4 lots)

Another dealer 5 miles from me with with only one lot has 82 2015 civics total. They are obviously having a hard time moving these. I wonder if they are offering big incentives?

:|

·
Registered
98 Posts
153 at my preferred dealer (4 lots)

Another dealer 5 miles from me with with only one lot has 82 2015 civics total. They are obviously having a hard time moving these. I wonder if they are offering big incentives?

:|
I know my dealer has a lot of them marked as "call for price"

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just had my "back-up" dealer call me and let me know they are expecting a shipment around the 19th-25th of the month, and they are expecting all trim levels.

He also said they just had their training on a touring as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One thing I've been considering is that HMC might be holding back 2016 Civic deliveries on a regional basis. I have found one '16 Civic, an EX, in Northern California, up in the foothills high above Sacramento. ("Call for price!") But no where else. And I've looked over a very large area.

There are a lot of Honda dealers in the San Francisco Bay Area—and a heap of '15 Civics. There are 61 dealers who are members of the N. Cal. Honda Dealers Assoc. (and several more who aren't) in the northern part of the state. Google maps shows me at least 25 within a 50 mile radius of my home. There are at least five within 15 miles and three within five miles. Given the excitement and interest over the new Civic, couldn't it be detrimental to a dealer, desperately trying to clear unsold '15 Civic inventory, if another dealer just four miles away started selling 16's?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I drive by my local Honda dealer daily on my way home. None to speak of yet. They're down to 14 2015 Civics, so hopefully soon!

When the 2016 Accord first arrived they hid them at the back of the building while they attempted to clear out their 2015 inventory.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts