10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking car. Congratulations.
Thank you. Did a lot of research and am hoping the civic lives up to its bullet proof reputation.

Anxious to see how it does with the snow tires on today....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats, the car looks great. I am sure you will be happy with the snow performance. My Civic with snows has had no problems this winter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats, the car looks great. I am sure you will be happy with the snow performance. My Civic with snows has had no problems this winter.
Just got back from the first drive with the snow tires on...no problems - almost as good as my previous awd cars with snow tires. Drove past two people on the snow banks (we had a ton of snow then sub freezing weather which creates these super hard blocks of snow banks - the cars were literally 3-4 feet up in the air on the banks...)

Really liking the Civic 24 hours into it :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just finished the first detail..in the garage (I usually wash and dry in the driveway then pull into the garage to finish...but did everything in the garage since its winter in Minnesota, lol!) Wanted to get some paint protection on there before the first commute tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Civic! So satisfying when you're not the one stuck in those snow banks. :D

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yea that paint protection is pretty important considering all the snow and gravel they use during the winter. That's the number one thing that wears away at the car I find.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coming up to two weeks and all is well. Great car so far - no problems to report, and the civic has been surprisingly quick on the road, while still delivering mid to high 30s mpg, with an occasional 40 plus on my commutes. Lots of comments from co-workers, more so than any car aside from when I got the 335 coupe a while ago, lol!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Nice sticker, bound to get the dog lovers to peak through your window if they can't see the little guy already.

What things do you plan on adding in the future?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice sticker, bound to get the dog lovers to peak through your window if they can't see the little guy already.

What things do you plan on adding in the future?
Thanks - windows will probably be dirty from dog nose residue (she is the smallest of three dogs)...I am not planning on doing anything too crazy...got summer wheels and tires planned... maybe an intake/exhaust/tune, when the aftermarket gets there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gotta love global warming - this is the earliest I have been able to put on my summer wheels/tires...early March - no way would I have thought could happen. I didn't go with a larger wheel, but went with a lighter one and much better rubber.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Gotta love global warming - this is the earliest I have been able to put on my summer wheels/tires...early March - no way would I have thought could happen. I didn't go with a larger wheel, but went with a lighter one and much better rubber.
Nice!

Fortunately one big reason for having snow tires is when it gets really cold since the typical summer tire and all season tire losses grip, and we haven't had that bad of a winter.

I know someone that has been running the same set of all seasons for the past 4 years, got through this season perfectly fine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts