10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in my 16 LX 6MT today. I only put 5800 mile on it but did take 1 1100 mile road trip. Was able to go 1 way up/down the tail of the dragon. I didn't push it but the car is solid.

So out with the old and in with the new... 17 Coupe EX-T 6MT :D

I've only driven it 5 miles and that was in the pouring rain for 4 miles. In that short distance I've noticed a few things:

Pros
- Power
- Power
- Power
- really nice features as compared to LX trim
- Wireless charge (dealer option)
- Blue interior lighting (both are dealer options)
- Reminds me of the 13 Accord coupe V6 6MT I had
- The 10 speaker audio system is significantly better than the base LX had.
- Power
- Power
- Power

Cons
- The sunroof significantly cuts down on headroom
- Idle is not as smooth as the 2.0L (I was surprised at this)
- Bass
- Shifting seems more notchy (I assume because it only has 10 miles on the car ;) )
- It's a bit harder to get out of because I can't open the door as far. There is a larger opening front to rear.. but parked in the garage and I can't swing the door as far and "step over" is noticeable.
- My S7 connected via BT and the ph will make a call. But its not recognizing the music on my phone. (I still need to try the android auto)
- The Subwoofer is not very good. It adds such little low bass that I'm surprised Honda wasted $$ on it. I scoped it out a little and was trying to see if I could box it in. A box could be made to help a little but the trunks torsion rod pass close to the conical shape of the speaker frame. So there is no way to seal it. I think an auxiliary aftermarket SUB is going to be on my list of "mods".

·
Registered
47 Posts
Also an EX-T coupe and S7 user. A lot of the data exchange functions, including android auto, requires you use a USB cable between your phone and the front USB port under the phone cubby-hole. I usually have my phone charging when in the car, so I'd be plugging it in anyway. S7 with the cable sticking out is a bit big for the spot they want you to keep your phone, but once you get it in place it stays put.

I don't keep music on my phone, but if I don't have a music app running on the phone when it is paired it will start to play some of the recorded audio notes off the phone. So it may play your music through the car, but you may need to operate the app from the phone.

I'm really happy with the way android auto works, even if Google doesn't allow any customization of the interface. Google maps is infinitely better than the Nav in my '13 CR-Z. Even puts upcoming turns/distance under the speedo as they come up. Pandora works well, too. Haven't played with much beyond that.

Only odd thing with android auto is that after I turn off the car and it pauses pandora, the first notification I get unpauses the music for some reason. Generally on a song I don't want blaring from my pocket in the middle of the grocery store. Doesn't seem to do it if I run it through the regular pandora source button over bluetooth only.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Awesome and congrats ^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi Crash, so I was able to install AA on my phone and use it a little. I like to use waze and I just could not get it to show on my cars screen. Oddly though the audio for waze will play over the speakers. The google maps works ok I've just not spent much time toying with it. And mine also plays audio automatically sometimes.

One thing my 16LX and 16 Odyssey won't do that this 17 will is to play uncompressed WMA files. I prefer uncompressed to get the best source input as is possible. I'm glad this 17 does!

As for the car I've got only about 175 miles on it and I've noticed a few more things.
My #1 complaint is headroom. I'm not that tall at 5'8" and so I like to raise the seat as much as possible. Well I can only raise it about 1/2way or else I hit my head on the sunroof opening. If I do the gangster lean towards the center it clears. It's not a big deal but I just don't like to sit low. I prefer to have a commanding view.

My #2 complaint is that it cuts boost GREATLY when shifting. Easy throttle, moderate throttle, or full throttle shifts and it doesn't matter. It cuts boost and power very noticeably. I understand they want torque reduction so that drivetrain parts live longer, but the power recovery time after the shift is way too long. A heavy throttle 1-2 shift and it takes a good 3-4 seconds before power/boost comes on strong again.

As for the Pros.. there is a lot. This thing handles excellent. audio system is very good (except SUB), love the lanewatch, and overall quietness.

I tried to post pics and can't. There must be a minimum post count or something?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
3-4 second before boost back???,,....something youre making wrong or your car uses regular gaz or something......i have a 6 speed manual turbo and theres no way 3-4 second between the shifts and boost reaction......maybe 1.5 second max!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts