10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the BlackVue DR3500-FHD dashcam, this is a very affordable dashcam which comes with parking mode. This mode is probably the only reason why I want this model. I don't wish to hardwire the dashcam. Question is, will parking mode work in my 2016 Civic EX if it isn't? I'm not sure of the 12V outlet still draws current if the car is off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
have to hardwire if u want a parking mode...it drains power from ur car battery which will make ur car battery dead if ur dash cam dosen't have a low voltage shut-off or similar function can prevent battery death...i assume that BlackVue series has that kind of function......

and 12v oultlet is off when car is off...

i strongly recommend that hook up with a dash cam back-up battery (which is not cheap but kinda requirement) if u want to use a parking mode......

·
Registered
922 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily say that you need a secondary battery. I'm sure all of this is taken into consideration when they're designing these dash cams. That and BlackVue isn't really a "new" contender in the game. If they're offering that mode, I'm sure there's a low draw on it during that point in time. With you having a brand new battery, you really shouldn't have issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts