10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the manual says that if there's nobody sitting in the passenger seat, the airbag off light will be on. Is there anyway to shut it off? Any "warning" yellow light bothers me when I can always see it. On my previous SI, this light would be out when the passenger seat was empty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where is the light? On the driver display ? ...I would feel just like you...yellow light bad...in my other vehicles the same yellow light is out of drivers line of sight.

R

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The light is below the climate controls, right in front of the shifter, so it's not straight in front of my face. However, once I see it in the corner of my view, I can't not see it. Yes liquid squid, the light is always on when the passenger seat is empty. I wished it worked like it did in my Si where it was off when the seat was empty or had a passenger in it.

There's always the old "stick a little black electrical tape over the light" trick, but I'll hopefully just get used to it and start ignoring it.

I know it's a very minor nit-pick to an otherwise great car, but I'm also one of those who get bothered by the power LED's on TV's that can't be turned off. I have a bad habit of not being able to shut these lights out of my vision...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a picture of the light, right in front of the shifter. I only got the car a day ago and have mostly driven it at night, so I'm sure it won't be as noticeable during the day. At night though, it's always in the corner of my eye...

http://imgur.com/GSNLQy6

(Disclaimer: Not my picture. Found it through a GIS)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts