10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Pillar Pods for Gauges

7K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  SangreRaven 
#1 ·
Any pillar gauge pods out there for the civic yet? About to buy a digital boost gauge and A/f gauge. also should i get the AEM Wideband A/F gauge since im buying gauges?

#3 ·
Over on the civicx website this is what a member said. "The pillar has the side airbag in it for the drivers window. Probably best not to put the gauges there lest you have an accident and the airbag blows those gauges right into your face." I was told if you still wanted to, just buy the universal fit pillar pod and install it. There isnt a 16-17 Civic specific pod yet.

#5 ·
Are you going to be modding or tuning? Only time you need the Wideband is for AFR tuning with flashpro, but I bet Flashpro outputs that when tuning. Its not something you need to monitor on the daily like oil temp, coolant temp etc. I have had some more serious "race cars" in the past and the AFR was pointless.

BTW - I had the AEM gauges as well. All their digital gauges, it worked great!

Boost gauge makes sense. My EX-L has a lame digital gauge output on the instrument console. I looked at it once, sighed and skipped to SiriusXM and have left it there since! :)

#6 ·
Already have my flash pro. Waiting on the downpipe that PRL is developing and will probably add an intake as well. I like the look of the gauges on the pillar which is why I originally posted this. Havent really decided against it yet. As another comment said over there, if the airbag goes off, the plastic pillar doesnt hit you in the face, why would the gauges. I want the white face digital gauges if I do it. May still try to have a buddy fab a pod above the infotainment unit. I saw someone posted they had the Torque app but it was missing or lagging like a second behind, probably bc of bluetooth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.