10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Pixel 3. It worked fine for a week but NY Civic stopped recognizing it. I've updated the Android auto app, restarted the infotainment system and uninstalled/reinstalled the pixel in the infotainment system. The phone will work with AA for a bit and then stops. The Bluetooth connection is fine though. Anybody else having problems like this? How did you solve?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think Android Auto is the problem. I have been having to do the same thing... uninstall Android Auto, delete my phone, reinstall AA, enable, disable, re-enable, etc., etc.... about every two days - sometimes more frequently - for the past 8-10 weeks. My phone is a Galaxy 7 which worked perfectly with Android Auto and my 2016 Civic from the time I bought the car in April 2016 up until early March of this year. THe problem is, I can't figure out WHY it stops recognizing my phone. I always make sure to connect my phone
BEFORE I start my car, then I always make sure I shut off my car before unplugging my phone. Again, that works for maybe 2 days, then.... "This phone is not compatible....", pops up on the screen. It might be a Honda induced issue but I think it started when AA did an update and it's been a problem ever since. The dealer hasn't been able to help either.... Frustrating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys so I have a 16 model ex sedan and believe me u had the same issue bright my car back to dealership several times over and over til they finally found the issue apparently in order for for certain Android phones to be recognized by the auto system dealership needs to reprogram settings and configurations to allow all Android models, after that if yours still not working make sure the cable is not just a c compatible cord but the manufacture cord i.e. pixel cord only Motorola cord for Motorola phone otherwise it WON'T connect!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts