10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I am not a fan of chrome. I spent all day today plastidipping my new car. Just picked it up about 2 weeks ago but it's been raining and **** weather since. I started at 11:30AM and finished at about 3:30PM. It was my first time plastidipping anything in my life. I messed up a bit here and there and had to peel it off and redo it but I think it came out fine. Still gotta put a black overlay on the roof and do the chrome above the windows. I am thinking about plastidipping the door handles black as well or chrome like a Touring but its still a hard maybe for now. Also I've seen pics of people plastidipping their EX-T rims. I want to do it in black but am not sure how it would look. I've seen pics of it in grey/silver and it does not look good but I think black would be different. Anyway, heres my new baby, my Baymax:

Also here is an attached picture of a car I saw with the black door handles, I think it looks pretty good but not sure if it would be too much along with my plan to get a black overlay on the roof:

·
Registered
876 Posts
You'll probably have better luck checking on larger communities since you'll be most likely to find a lot of responses than here.

The 8th and 9th Civic forums should have your answer.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I can't see your pictures either. :(

Good thing about plasti dip is that the material is so forgiving if you mess up. If it looks off, you can simply peel it off after it dries.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Guys,

I am not a fan of chrome. I spent all day today plastidipping my new car. Just picked it up about 2 weeks ago but it's been raining and **** weather since. I started at 11:30AM and finished at about 3:30PM. It was my first time plastidipping anything in my life. I messed up a bit here and there and had to peel it off and redo it but I think it came out fine. Still gotta put a black overlay on the roof and do the chrome above the windows. I am thinking about plastidipping the door handles black as well or chrome like a Touring but its still a hard maybe for now. Also I've seen pics of people plastidipping their EX-T rims. I want to do it in black but am not sure how it would look. I've seen pics of it in grey/silver and it does not look good but I think black would be different. Anyway, heres my new baby, my Baymax:

Also here is an attached picture of a car I saw with the black door handles, I think it looks pretty good but not sure if it would be too much along with my plan to get a black overlay on the roof:

My bad guys, I don't know why the pictures went down like that but I reuploaded them! I should've taken new pictures today instead because I just gave it a carwash because a gang of ruthless birds literally went diarrhea all over my car from bumper to bumper...

Re-uploaded pics!:

·
Registered
876 Posts
That looks great.

Can't even go wrong painting the emblems black but i've been noticing more and more people are trying go for something different, like regular tint film, neochrome tint film, etc.

Would be cool to get a poll up on here to see what the majority would do ;)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I really like the look of the black front grill piece, you did a great job! I don't mind the chrome either personally, but i've considered once the Hatch/Si comes out ordering the gloss black grill piece those models will have standard and just swapping, because knowing me i'd royally screw up plastidipping or vinyl wrapping.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Great plasti dipping job and there doesn't seem to be any drip at all. I can't imagine taping up the civic logo to be any fun when you were preparing it to be sprayed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guys I'm telling you, this was my first time in my life ever spray painting anything. Just gotta be patient with the masking/tape up job. Theres a bunch of youtube videos on how to plastidip your car also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My bad guys, I don't know why the pictures went down like that but I reuploaded them! I should've taken new pictures today instead because I just gave it a carwash because a gang of ruthless birds literally went diarrhea all over my car from bumper to bumper...

Re-uploaded pics!:

With so many gaps in the emblem how were you able to do it so clean? Did you mask off 1inch apart from the chrome area?

The plasti dip worked out great around the letters as it peeled around it. The plasti dip on both emblems difficulty. The front one had deep gaps inside the H as well as gaps and the back H has gaps as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, this is actually my first post here. I came over from another civic forum, had my EX-T coupe little over a year now, but I've tried four times to plastidip my rear emblem. The civic logo is easy, but on the H emblem, it will not snap at the cross piece on the H. Its like there is no gap between it and the body, so when peeling it, it pulls it slightly from the emblem and that quickly turns into it peeling off the whole thing. Ugh. Does anyone know how the rear emblem is attached,the front can't be put back on properly without removing the grill, just wondering if the rear is the same, or just glued on. Thanks for any help, and to the OP, it looks great!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hate the plastic chrome too. Ive looked into getting it wrapped. Can anyone tell me the difference between plastic dip and vinyl wrap?
Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts