10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all I apologize for the newbie question here, I am new to civics. I was working on my daughters 2020 civic today trying to install a dual dashcam. I tried to tuck in the cable under the headliner to connect to the rear camera, so I had to pull the front rubber door seal a little from the top. Now when I tried to put it back it does not stay in the corner like before. No matter what I do it feels and looks loose in the corner. Is there any trick to to make it "stick" or do I need a new one now? I started panicing, to tell the truth, thought I may have damaged it, car has only 4k mi on it. Like I said I am very new to civics, but I have great deal of experience with vws tdi and bmws, so pulling the rubber seal was not something that I have never done before, but obviously not on civics. Please, advise, I will greatly appreciate this. The picture is not of my car, but the problematic area is circled.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Car Vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently installed a Blackvue in my 2021 Hatchback and did a combination of two installations. Once the rear wire was at the C-pillar, I ran it down to the floor and along the sill to the fuse box, then up to the A-pillar to avoid the side air bag completely. This way the cabel will NOT interfere with the side airbags. Be carful pulling the plastic panels out and have a plastic pry tool to help. Blackvue has enough cable to run from the hatchback window to the front cam. CivicX.com has some good pics, not sure this site as just signed up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts