10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine started running slow. They replace drivers side and lubed the channel. Tried to tell me it was frozen( at 42 deg.) come on!! Replaced regulator anyway. I think it's the rubber in the channel dragging on the window. Worked when wet but slow when dried out. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
One automotive DIY'er made a video that might address this, but with our cars being so new, lubricating the rubber this soon is not what I would have expected. Still, it's good maintenance to do, maybe what you can do monthly:

Some shops actually have a routine of lubricating hinges, cleaning wipers, lubricating lock cylinders, etc with every oil service. Good preventative things to do on our own.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ah crap. I think my car has the same issue. Got my windows tinted last week. Didn't roll my windows down for a few days. After it was set, I tried rolling the windows down and up and noticed how slow the passenger side was. My friend and I laughed because we thought the tint added "thickness" to the window that prevented it from going up easily, guess that's not the case.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Ah crap. I think my car has the same issue. Got my windows tinted last week. Didn't roll my windows down for a few days. After it was set, I tried rolling the windows down and up and noticed how slow the passenger side was. My friend and I laughed because we thought the tint added "thickness" to the window that prevented it from going up easily, guess that's not the case.
Just make sure what ever lubricant you get won't become an issue with your tint, making it bubble up, lift off, discolor?

·
Registered
10 Posts
From what I discovered it is on the outside the window. The silicone they applied looks to be in the front window jam and the rear on the long part of the door. If you apply with tint try just putting it on the outside rubber. Use a paper towel with a credit card inside and only put the lube on one side. Of coarse if u take it in they will blame the tint but I feel the cleaning of the window for application made for a super clean window which acts as dry windshield wiper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same issue with mine! Passenger window had a tough time rolling up after the first time I rolled the windows down. Actually got stuck at one point. The dealership said the window regulator was binding up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hopefully I have time this week to remove the door panel and see what's going on. I'm planning on installing dynamat and speakers and definitely need to figure out what to do with the window first. Might take it to the dealer, or maybe I'll wait until it actually fails. I don't know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.