10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was considering buying a pressure washer for my car. I want to get an electric one because the gas ones are way to expensive and i feel it would be too powerful for the paint. I was contemplating this one...
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/AR-AR383-Electric-Pressure-Washer/dp/B002Z8E52Y/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1464909145&sr=8-5&keywords=car+pressure+washer[/ame]

It is a good price range for me. I would also want to get a foam cannon but am unsure as to which one to buy and if this pressure washer would be able to have the foam cannon attach to it.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions I am open to anything.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Only if you are planning on running the car off road. High pressure water in the engine room is just begging for problems with all of the electronics around.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Pressure washers only get off the heavy crud but do nothing to actually get the car clean . Nothing beats a sheepskin mitt, proper bucket & soap and a couple good waffle weave drying towels.

·
Registered
922 Posts
In the picture it looks like it comes with a foam cannon ? I personally strongly like to use the pressure washer. I typically only use it for the initial wash down to get ass much debris off as possible. Follow that up with the foam cannon, pressure wash again, and then I'll use my two-bucket method w/ grit-guards and a micro-fiber wash mitt, wash down with regular hose, and dry with some waffle weave microfibers. BUT that does look like an appropriate pressure washer at a fair price. I would go for it. If it doesn't come with the foam cannon, chemical guys has a good one

·
Registered
129 Posts
Foam canons are only usable if you have full shad or a shop to wash in otherwise the soap dries on the surface causing issues ..

·
Registered
876 Posts
I see some high end detailers saying to use a hose or a pressure washer that doesn't get too intense in the pressure it puts out. Probably a good rule to follow but I haven't seen any pressure washers do damage

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I find pressure washers good for boats, farm equipment, patio furniture and vinyl sided houses.

If you decide to use a pressure washer be ever so careful to not use high pressure on the paint. You may not see damage but all paint is soft to some extent. If you get the pressure to close you can actually force small particles of dirt to embed into the paint.

Here's a decent read on how to:

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/ask-a-pro-pressure-washers/

·
Registered
1,455 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
The pressure is hard on the paint as it blows the dirt off it scratches it.my .02

·
Registered
922 Posts
I haven't really had any issues on the pressure washer thing. But it does do damage on a real minute level. Overall you won't really notice it?

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
I haven't really had any issues on the pressure washer thing. But it does do damage on a real minute level. Overall you won't really notice it?
Probably won't really notice on a white paint job but on a black painted car it's very noticeable.My last Civic SI was CBP and I was obsessed with keeping it scratch free.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A pressure washer may be good as it can blast away the grime and dirt. But it can damage your vehicle if you don't know what you are doing. It can rip off or peel the paint if you hit a flaw. Go for pressure washer only if you are good in using them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I used 2 bucket method to wash my car. Previously, I used an electric power washer to clean the under carriage to remove the salt due to snow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use a 3700PSI gas powered pressure washer and you can adjust the pressure. You just have to use some sense with them if you're using it at full pressure just don't get too close to the paint. The nice thing about owning a pressure washers is that you can pressure wash your home, ATV's, etc, etc...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts