10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring is scheduled to enter production on 2/17. The dealer didn't know how long it would take until delivery since this the first one they've ordered from Swindon. Does anyone have more than a SWAG at how long the process is? I figured a couple of days on the assembly line, a queue waiting for a truck to the port, a queue waiting for a full shipload (of whatever), the transit, a queue at Baltimore or Jacksonville for a truck, the same at the rail yard, the train trip to Middle Tennessee, then the truck to the dealer. That's a lot of places for potential damage, not to mention wrecks or sinkings. I just made myself nervous!
:surprise:

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I will call my dealer tomorrow. They had one in production two weeks ago, I will see if they have an ETA yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will call my dealer tomorrow. They had one in production two weeks ago, I will see if they have an ETA yet.
Thanks. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My sport hatch 6mt has a made on date of 12/2016. I took delivery in Milwaukee on 1/31. I suppose there a lot of variables. It's worth the wait to get exactly what you want!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My sport hatch 6mt has a made on date of 12/2016. I took delivery in Milwaukee on 1/31. I suppose there a lot of variables. It's worth the wait to get exactly what you want!
That gives me a starting point. Thanks.

Reactions: mkesport

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Mike the ETA for the ST to my dealership is Mar 7th, It is in the port of Halifax NS along with ten others, that's a 4 hour drive to my dealer. It looks like about a 30 day turnaround from the UK to my dealer but I am close to the port no rail needed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike the ETA for the ST to my dealership is Mar 7th, It is in the port of Halifax NS along with ten others, that's a 4 hour drive to my dealer. It looks like about a 30 day turnaround from the UK to my dealer but I am close to the port no rail needed.
That narrows the window for me. I was estimating about six weeks to Middle Tennessee. This helps support that guess. Thanks a lot. -Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts