10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring is scheduled to enter production on 2/17. The dealer didn't know how long it would take until delivery since this the first one they've ordered from Swindon. Does anyone have more than a SWAG at how long the process is? I figured a couple of days on the assembly line, a queue waiting for a truck to the port, a queue waiting for a full shipload (of whatever), the transit, a queue at Baltimore or Jacksonville for a truck, the same at the rail yard, the train trip to Middle Tennessee, then the truck to the dealer. That's a lot of places for potential damage, not to mention wrecks or sinkings. I just made myself nervous!
:surprise:

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I will call my dealer tomorrow. They had one in production two weeks ago, I will see if they have an ETA yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will call my dealer tomorrow. They had one in production two weeks ago, I will see if they have an ETA yet.
Thanks. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My sport hatch 6mt has a made on date of 12/2016. I took delivery in Milwaukee on 1/31. I suppose there a lot of variables. It's worth the wait to get exactly what you want!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My sport hatch 6mt has a made on date of 12/2016. I took delivery in Milwaukee on 1/31. I suppose there a lot of variables. It's worth the wait to get exactly what you want!
That gives me a starting point. Thanks.

Reactions: mkesport

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Mike the ETA for the ST to my dealership is Mar 7th, It is in the port of Halifax NS along with ten others, that's a 4 hour drive to my dealer. It looks like about a 30 day turnaround from the UK to my dealer but I am close to the port no rail needed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike the ETA for the ST to my dealership is Mar 7th, It is in the port of Halifax NS along with ten others, that's a 4 hour drive to my dealer. It looks like about a 30 day turnaround from the UK to my dealer but I am close to the port no rail needed.
That narrows the window for me. I was estimating about six weeks to Middle Tennessee. This helps support that guess. Thanks a lot. -Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are cars tracked like parcels? I never thought about it before.
I think it's possible, cars are expensive, it would be weird if you couldn't track them.
In general, all orders are tracked, it doesn't matter what their price is. The most important thing to know about this is to have the tracking number. And you can search for your order on any tracking website. There are even such sites for each country individually, for example, in Germany, people use - Fehler - Seite nicht gefunden - Post Sendungsverfolgung.
In any case, if you need some information, contact your dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts