10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello from Arkansas! I love my new Civic - I traded my 2013 Accord EX-L for this awesome geek car! I chose the Lunar Silver Metallic.
I currently drive a 2013 Accord EX-L and I am deciding between a 2016 Accord EX-L with Sensing or a 2016 Civic Touring.

Your feedback and thoughts as your drive time in your new Civic climbs would be valuable to me.

Congrats!
-Randy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one negative I have right now is the size of the gas tank. With my Accord I was used to it lasting me almost 2 weeks on a normal commute to and from work (12 miles each way and almost all highway/interstate). I'm lucky if I get 8 days out of the tank in the Civic. I'm sitting at the 34mpg right now - hopefully that will get a bit better.

The turbo feature has been nice when getting on a freeway or trying to pass someone. I'm a granny-style driver for the most part but am not afraid to hit the gas when needed. :)

I love the car so far, though. It's fun, it's super sporty, and I've had a ton of compliments. The technology of the Touring Civic is just...fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
I test drove a 2016 Accord EX-L with sensing/Navi, and a 2016 EX-L Civic (the Touring wasn't available for test driving). The Civic just feels more fun to drive. The Accord is VERY nice and the sensing features are great. However it just feels like the 9th generation Accord is dated after sitting in the new Civic.. The Accord feels more like a 'Family' sedan vs. more sporty feeling Civic (because it sits lower).

I do love the two LCD screen setup on the Accord, and the steering wheel/buttons are nicer. I like the mechanical hand/parking brake. The Accord has just about everything covered.

To me its much about cost. The Civic Touring is $4K less than the Accord EX-L Navi/Sens. Thats a big chunk of money that I can put in the bank for the next vehicle! AND I think the cost to own and resale will be easier/better on the Civic.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The one negative I have right now is the size of the gas tank. With my Accord I was used to it lasting me almost 2 weeks on a normal commute to and from work (12 miles each way and almost all highway/interstate). I'm lucky if I get 8 days out of the tank in the Civic. I'm sitting at the 34mpg right now - hopefully that will get a bit better.
My commute is similar in distance... about 13 miles but a bit more mixed City/Highway. Like you fill ups are a every other week activity. I enjoy not going to the gas station weekly.

I return my Accord (lease) to the dealer in about an hour. I'll be driving a 2001 Civic EX until winter blows over here in West Michigan.

One thing I noticed for me if the two places I tend to rest my arms on the interior were very firm/hard in the Civic. That being the center console area and the upper door trim just below the drivers window. Both were noticeably harder than those areas on the Accord.

I am really mixed on this decision...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I never really noticed that issue and it hasn't been a problem for me. I've only had the Civic for about 3 weeks now, but I LOVE this car. The look, the nerdy technology (that yes I know will be obsolete by the time the 2017 model comes out), the performance...I have no regrets. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Assuming you have the 1.5 liter turbo in your car, what is the engine designation?

I know that the 10th gen Civic's with the 2.0 liter normally aspirated engine use the K20C2 and the Civic Type R uses the 2.0 liter turbo K20C1 but I haven't been able to find out what engine family the new 1.5 liter engine is from.

Just curios if it's a new family or based on the K series. I'm been a big fan of the K series having a K20A3 in my EP3 and having had a K24Z7 in my '12 SI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts