10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that Honda needs to get this 10th gen right. Honda is trying to also maintain a younger customer base as well (no offense to any in the older end of the demographic as this is really a very versatile car for just about any age group), especially with the Si.

I'm curious on the age or age group that some of the people on this forum fall into.

Please post whether you've:
Ordered a new Civic (no one at time of post)
Picked up your new Civic (no one at time of post)
Plan to buy (and in approx how many months)
Just exploring

As well as your age and any other demographic information that you're open to share with the group here.

Me:

25 years old
Plan to buy in about 9 to 12 months
First brand new car
Engineer and technology enthusiast

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
27 Years old
Plan to buy or lease in the next 2 years (currently in a lease)
This will be my 4th new Civic i've had (5th civic total since i started driving)
Graphic Designer / Advertising and Marketing Assistant Director

Most of my interest will be in the EX Coupe w/Auto and 1.5T engine (Would consider an Si if honda would offer a DCT)

·
Registered
441 Posts
25 years old
Civic would be my first brand new car
Planning to buy when I have the money saved up (a year or more)
Copywriter

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most of my interest will be in the EX Coupe w/Auto and 1.5T engine (Would consider an Si if honda would offer a DCT)
I forgot to add -- we should discuss which model we're thinking about purchasing.

Mine will be a coupe with a manual transmission. I'm not sure which motor because at the time of this post we do not know official engine information yet. Maybe an Si, but I probably won't want to wait long enough for one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
21 years old
Plan to lease the Honda Civic EX when available. I'm also waiting for more information before deciding on the engine. The slightly increased efficiency of the turbo wont be a selling point for me, rather the increase in torque and horsepower.
I currently drive a 2001 Honda Civic
Going into medical school

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Seems like a pretty young demographic on here, so far at least. Which makes sense considering the cars target audience overall, i'm one of the oldest so far. :')

On a random side note i was watching Transformers: AoE last night and the civic concept would've made one awesome transformer. haha.

·
Registered
157 Posts
68 years old. Third Civic ('83 DX hatchback, '97 EX coupe). Other car on the short list this time was a '13 Cruze 2LT RS with Navi & moonroof. Civic was $1,300 less on the sticker, better mileage & emissions, and waaaaaay more reliable. We had the previous Civic for 16 years and the only thing that broke on it was a blown steering rack seal.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It seems like the Civic has appeal with youth then. And that is what most automakers are looking for -- customers who are young or young at heart. I think the pricing and the styling are a part of that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
33 and planning to buy my first a new car. Hoping I love the 2016 civic, and it's available before my 2001 gives out making for an easy decision. I would have bought a 2016 ILX if it had more headroom (I'm a bit under 6'2", and my head brushed the roof a few times on the test drive) or I felt like the a-spec was a better deal and worth the headroom compromise.

I want a Si with a DCT (I really liked it in the ILX, would love an Si with that setup), if it's not available I'll go with an EXL and a CVT.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am 31 years old.
First car, which I still drive, is a second hand civic from 2004
Hope it holds out until the 2016 hatchback will be around long enough
till there are some affordable young secondhands

·
Registered
1 Posts
25, enthusiast. Owned many Hondas in my past. Currently building a 91 road race civic and I autocross a 02 s2000.

Looking to get the Si coupe, for daily driving and the occasional weekend track day.

I'm currently in the Air Force Reserve. And I'm a federal civilian employee for the Air Force as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
31 years old in the risk management industry
looking to buy a new car within 24 months (or when my lease of my current acura tsx will be over)
Had a civic si 2008 that i purchased brand new before and i miss it a lot
waiting to see what the 10th gen has to offer before i made a decision of getting another one
fingers crossed that we will have a type-r or something close to it by then

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im 21 years old. However, the cars are owned under my dad, my sister, and myself.

If I bought 16' Civic or 16' Accord, this will be my fourth Honda in the family. Right now I'm driving between 12' Civic LX Sedan, 14' Accord LX Sedan, and 04' Accord LX-V6 Sedan (the 04' will be gone soon due to it was a salvage car and start having too many mechanical problems to warrant the cost to fix it.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I know a few 60+ year old Civic Si enthusiasts, me being one of them. Going back to the day of the gas lamp (not!) my mother drove an Accord back in 79.' I was a Chevy truck guy at the time. Hooked on Honda!, ever since. As a journalist loosely attached to AHM, I'm afforded the opportunity to drive all Honda and Acura offerings. But for me, I'm waiting for the reveal of the next gen 2017 Ridgeline P.U.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Well, I know a few 60+ year old Civic Si enthusiasts, me being one of them. Going back to the day of the gas lamp (not!) my mother drove an Accord back in 79.' I was a Chevy truck guy at the time. Hooked on Honda!, ever since. As a journalist loosely attached to AHM, I'm afforded the opportunity to drive all Honda and Acura offerings. But for me, I'm waiting for the reveal of the next gen 2017 Ridgeline P.U.
i was surprised to see how common that was and it even goes down into other models, i've seen some folks of the same age group in other sporty vehicles, the RSX, Integra, even the ITR.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
i was surprised to see how common that was and it even goes down into other models, i've seen some folks of the same age group in other sporty vehicles, the RSX, Integra, even the ITR.
I had a friend in High School, honda/acura was all they EVER had. Her father had an RSX Type S. Her brother had many cars (alot of wrecks) preludes, integras mostly. My friend had a DelSol. And their mom drove an first gen odyssey van. When my friend trashed her DelSol she got a 2005 Civic coupe (because she didn't like the small steering wheel in the 06-07 civic :| )

I'm slowly turning my family to the honda side. I've had 5 civics. My sister wants a new Fit by the end of the year (she has a corolla now) and my cousin just got a used 04 accord. My mom is considering the HRV (or the Soul).

I'm not sure if it's a honda thing or a family thing, but alot of families i've known only ever have driven hondas.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts