Current - 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix. Past - 1990 Accord EX

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Violin Luthier
Looking at a sedan EX-T or possibly wait for Si
First brand new car
Current - 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix. Past - 1990 Accord EX
I think it will be wise to wait for the Si with already seeing the direction they want to go with the new Civic line up as a whole but of course that depends on what you want.

What specific things would you want out of the Civic?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think it will be wise to wait for the Si with already seeing the direction they want to go with the new Civic line up as a whole but of course that depends on what you want.

What specific things would you want out of the Civic?
I like how the sedan looks semi-luxurious with the vastly improved interior. I'm hoping road noise is reduced compared to previous generations. That said, I'm interested in keeping my HP somewhere around what I have in my V6 Grand Prix (200hp) while at the same time improving fuel economy (Grand Prix 21mpg combined). The EX-T might be enough at what, 170ish hp and the turbo will help the driving feel at lower speeds. The Si might price itself out of what I want to afford.

·
Registered
7 Posts
30...have had many civics...2008 civic ex sedan current ride...plan to buy a 2016 ex-T sedan by end of year...no need for si with wife and kids...not 1st new car...I drive alot for work so 42+ mpg is a plus

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
its a Honda;)
That's what it boils down to. While other automakers like Ford and Chevy and the Koreans have had issues with their small turbos making way less than the EPA tests stated, Honda isn't one to let their mpg ratings slip in favor of performance... no doubt honda's delay of getting into the turbo game has been used to research, refine and tune these engines to get honda's expected fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
991 Posts
That's what it boils down to. While other automakers like Ford and Chevy and the Koreans have had issues with their small turbos making way less than the EPA tests stated, Honda isn't one to let their mpg ratings slip in favor of performance... no doubt honda's delay of getting into the turbo game has been used to research, refine and tune these engines to get honda's expected fuel efficiency.
I hope that Honda's delay in jumping into many things just means that they really figure stuff out before putting it out there. Does it make you feel more trust towards Honda?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I hope that Honda's delay in jumping into many things just means that they really figure stuff out before putting it out there. Does it make you feel more trust towards Honda?
I would say yes. It does. But i already trust honda to make reliable products that are value oriented.

I've had 5 civics in the span of 11 years and they've all been great cars. Minimal to no issues and always affordable to drive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bet this car(10thgen) has been researched and tested for a while now since they bombed the 9th gen...They don't want a repeat with the 10th

Honda has so many loyal customers because they put the time and effort into making reliable vehicles

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm 50 and looking to replace my 2006 Atomic Blue Civic Coupe that was destroyed in July in a horrible wreck. The Civic saved my life.

I will be ordering a 2016 Civic Coupe EX or higher, as soon as available, and as soon as they start selling below sticker price. Dealers around me are selling the new Accords at sticker price and will not go below.

I am a civil servant and commute 24 miles each way.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am 43 and looking to replace 2006 Civic Hybrid. I will see it (Touring model) in person in about 3 weeks. Also looking at 2016 Accord and 2016 Chevy Malibu if I want to go bigger

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I would be more inclined to go the Accord route if the rear end takes on design cues from this spirior concept:

·
Registered
94 Posts
41, telecommunications.

I'm going to pass on the Type R and go with the Si. After doing 150K and 17 PSI on a lightly modded Mazdaspeed3, I'm over high output FWD. Probably going to wait until late 2016 or early 2017.

If Honda screws up the Si, I'll settle for an Accord Sport MT, Rally Red.

·
Registered
135 Posts
41, telecommunications.

I'm going to pass on the Type R and go with the Si. After doing 150K and 17 PSI on a lightly modded Mazdaspeed3, I'm over high output FWD. Probably going to wait until late 2016 or early 2017.

If Honda screws up the Si, I'll settle for an Accord Sport MT, Rally Red.
even if the CTR goes AWD?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Based on 2016 hatch, it won't. I expect it will behave a lot like the ITR... reinforced chassis, STIFF springs and damping, minimal creature comforts and minimal sound deadening. A superior driving experience at the expense of long term comfort. Refinement is far more important for me this time around as the family will share a lot of the driving hours.

I expect the Si to be a lot more potent for this generation. Based on curb weight, I expect they will raise output to 220-230 HP and continue to target buyers who are cross-shopping the GTI and ST. They also need to further distance themselves from the micro-pocket rockets like the Fiesta ST and the rumored Mazdaspeed2.

The differences in refinement between the Si and GTI will not be as drastic this time around. And combined with the recent upheaval at VW, I could see a lot of potential buyers sacrificing a touch of refinement for the SI. That and the expected reliability make it a no-brainer for most.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts