10th Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
deposit left .....

48 years old and have had civic 2000, 2003,2006,2012 and thought I was done with civics since the 2012 was not impressive, but I just left a deposit on a Touring *** a few days ago and am very excited ! I was thinking about the chrysler 200 since I like the features and cabin. The only problem is it's a chrysler and if I get tired of it, the resale is awful.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Thanks Robb. Have trouble keeping up with all the acronyms sometimes.
Hang around long enough and you'll catch on. The paint colors are the tricky ones sometimes if you dont' know the full names

*** = White Orchid Pearl
TW = Taffeta White
RR = Rally Red

etc etc...

·
Registered
10 Posts
22 years old
First new car
I'm between an ex, ex-t, or si sedan in white my parents have a '12 odyssey and now looking something to replace my hb versa.
Computer Engineer major
Working in solar sales

·
Registered
98 Posts
28 years old
Replacing accord coupe with a sedan because baby on the way.
Will for sure be buying a Touring if I like the way it drives.
Data Analyst.

·
Registered
182 Posts
34 years old.

Current rides are an 08 Toyota Highlander (Great Car) To be sold.
1988 Porsche 944 Turbo (track car)

Business owner

Looking at the hatchback in touring trim. I fear the R will be to harsh of a ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
41 years old.

Daily driver is a 2007 Civic EX Sedan. I don't want to let the equity in my Civic diminish. Other vehicle is a Toyota RAV4. I'm eager to see the Touring sedan in person. I may wait a few months to see if I can pick up a used one and get the certified 7 year warranty.

Sales

·
Registered
11 Posts
54 YO next month. Buying Civic Touring sedan in RR or *** (still deciding); will be my third Civic and 5th Honda overall (two Accords). CEO of a small software company.

·
Registered
77 Posts
54 YO next month. Buying Civic Touring sedan in RR or *** (still deciding); will be my third Civic and 5th Honda overall (two Accords). CEO of a small software company.
Berkeley, I'm 55 yo. I would love it if they offered a deep darkish red (the burgundy is too dark). Don't you find the RR a little too "young" and flashy?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe I understand what you mean. And I'm on the fence. That's why I'm thinking about ***; none of the other colors really grabs me. But I am a strong personality, I like and wear red, and I've never looked my age (people typically think I'm in my mid-40s--which is fortunate in an industry where the median age is less than thirty), so I might get away with it :) Plus I drove a similarly colored red Civic ES Coupe (special edition 6-speed VTEC) that I loved for years so there's also the nostalgia factor.

How about this red? (My next car!)

Berkeley, I'm 55 yo. I would love it if they offered a deep darkish red (the burgundy is too dark). Don't you find the RR a little too "young" and flashy?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I believe I understand what you mean. And I'm on the fence. That's why I'm thinking about ***; none of the other colors really grabs me. But I am a strong personality, I like and wear red, and I've never looked my age (people typically think I'm in my mid-40s--which is fortunate in an industry where the median age is less than thirty), so I might get away with it :) Plus I drove a similarly colored red Civic ES Coupe (special edition 6-speed VTEC) that I loved for years so there's also the nostalgia factor.

How about this red? (My next car!)
wow! Now THAT's a red!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am 37 and looking for better MPG's for my new job as a Network Technician for a school system that requires travel. My current car is a 2011 CR-V and I have a 2002 BMW M3 convertible for nice days. Waiting to see how I like the Touring in person and how well I fit in it. (6'3" 180 plus twin 3 year olds in the back seats) Other cars on my list are the new Tucson Limited and maybe the Subaru Crosstrek - both for AWD since winters in Connecticut can suck. I need to pick something soon because my CR-V needs new tires. Part of me says I need to buy something good on gas and another part of me says gas is so cheap now it really does not matter. The 2016 Civic offers a lot for very little $ in my opinion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am 40 and currently drive a 2007 Civic SI. My first car was a 1987 Prelude SI. Sold it and got a 1997 Accord. Modded the Accord with body kit, I.C.E, wheels, JDM headlights, and R33 Skyline conversion. While still having the Accord, bought a 1993 Civic hatch, swapped the motor with a JDM B18C with a turbo, stripped it, and was made for the track. Now that I'm older, I don't do as much modding. With my Civic SI, there are no engine mods; just I.C.E, wheels, retrofit HID's, and factory body kit. My next progression is of course the Type R.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I'm 33
Engineer at Nuclear Power Plant
Looking to replace my current ride, 02 Camry since 2003, with '16 Civic Hatchback (Ex-T or above) within 6-12 months. My current ride has been very reliable, but it's on its last leg now (~293K+ miles). Based on ads, this new civic can give me good gas mileage. I commute 160 miles daily to work, so good gas mileage is my first priority. I've been a Toyota fan for the last 20 years; however, the new generation civic looks so much better and offers much more than the Corolla. Another factor that sways me toward Honda is the Hatchback. I love the practicality of hatchback so much. I hoping the new turbo engine is as good as advertise and reliable.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am 37 and looking for better MPG's for my new job as a Network Technician for a school system that requires travel. My current car is a 2011 CR-V and I have a 2002 BMW M3 convertible for nice days. Waiting to see how I like the Touring in person and how well I fit in it. (6'3" 180 plus twin 3 year olds in the back seats) Other cars on my list are the new Tucson Limited and maybe the Subaru Crosstrek - both for AWD since winters in Connecticut can suck. I need to pick something soon because my CR-V needs new tires. Part of me says I need to buy something good on gas and another part of me says gas is so cheap now it really does not matter. The 2016 Civic offers a lot for very little $ in my opinion.
Hi,

I'm 33
Engineer at Nuclear Power Plant
Looking to replace my current ride, 02 Camry since 2003, with '16 Civic Hatchback (Ex-T or above) within 6-12 months. My current ride has been very reliable, but it's on its last leg now (~293K+ miles). Based on ads, this new civic can give me good gas mileage. I commute 160 miles daily to work, so good gas mileage is my first priority. I've been a Toyota fan for the last 20 years; however, the new generation civic looks so much better and offers much more than the Corolla. Another factor that sways me toward Honda is the Hatchback. I love the practicality of hatchback so much. I hoping the new turbo engine is as good as advertise and reliable.
Welcome to the show everyone!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pretty similar OP...

25 years old
Plan to buy in about 6-10 weeks
First brand new car
Work as a draftsman and purchaser at a custom metal fabrication business

41 - 60 of 75 Posts