10th Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
46 Years old
Plan to buy either a Civic Touring or a Accord EX-L with Sensing/Navi. My purchase will likely be in the spring after the major snow has passed for the season. Purchase may be sooner once I am able to drive the 2016 Civic and 2016 Accord side by side.

This will be my 2nd Honda. I currently drive a 2013 Accord EX-L that I have leased since Dec 20, 2012. It's a great car but have always felt it is a little large... compared to the vehicles I have owned in the past, however, I really have grown to love the ride.

Work life: Senior IT Systems Engineer
Non work life: Beer, Bike, Car, and Coffee enthusiast

·
Registered
2 Posts
Purchaser Demographics

I'm 50 and am shopping for a new commuter car. Currently driving my 2000 Accord EXL V6 that I purchased new forever ago and just reached 325K miles. I'll probably go with another Accord but am waiting to check out the new Civic Touring before making a decision. I hope these cars reach my local dealers soon. Any word on when the Seattle/Tacoma area might get a model or two to see in person?

·
Registered
11 Posts
67 years.
Retired sales engineer (communications systems for aerospace.)
Have owned four Hondas (still have two of them) and will be getting the Coupe around March/April when they come out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
46 Years old
Plan to buy either a Civic Touring or a Accord EX-L with Sensing/Navi. My purchase will likely be in the spring after the major snow has passed for the season. Purchase may be sooner once I am able to drive the 2016 Civic and 2016 Accord side by side.

This will be my 2nd Honda. I currently drive a 2013 Accord EX-L that I have leased since Dec 20, 2012. It's a great car but have always felt it is a little large... compared to the vehicles I have owned in the past, however, I really have grown to love the ride.

Work life: Senior IT Systems Engineer
Non work life: Beer, Bike, Car, and Coffee enthusiast
Update:
2016 Civic Touring Modern Steel Metallic with Black Interior.
Delivered on Jan 25, 2016.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Civic or Prius?

I am 73 years old and have bought 4 Prius cars over the last few years and was looking forward to buying the 2016 Prius when I ran across the Civic Touring model.

The Touring had all the safety features I wanted on the Prius, but was $3000 less and included leather! The only thing I would be missing would be the Prius' better MPG.

To save $3000, buying the Civic was a no-brainer! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
31 and in client management. I am looking at the Civic Touring Sedan with LOTS of extras. I was recently in an accident and my last car (2014 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring) was totaled. I had it for about 2.5 years and before that had a 2013 Honda Civic (ex wife took it). Honestly, I would probably go with another Mazda if they had made ANY changes since the 2014 model I owned, but unfortunately it's pretty much the exact same car. I will say I like the exterior of the 2016 Civic much more (especially the back), but the interior of the Mazda is better imo. I also want something new if I am going to be buying another car, not the same car I have already been driving for nearly the past 3 years.

Now I am just waiting on my total loss settlement check, at which point I will take the remaining balance and use it as a down payment for a new Honda. I still want to test drive one to see how it handles though. I plan on doing that in the next few weeks. I am also still debating on what color to get. It's between the Aegean Blue, Black, and Red for me. My Mazda was a beautiful metallica tri coat red. I really wish Honda had more metallic colors rather than the bright cherry red. All well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
42 years young, Civic EXT Coupe, bought about a month ago. Energy Green wasn't available in my area so the dealer trailered one from New Mexico.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 Si on order

56 years old
2017 Si on order eta is 2-4 wks
Turbo car experience with '86 Buick Regal and '04 Dodge Neon Srt4
Also owned '92 Civic CA hatchback and 2010 Fit Sport Manuel
With this car , I will get the best of both worlds " Speed and Mpg "

·
Registered
135 Posts
2017 ABM Si Sedan
Previous Car: 2004 Volvo S60 R 6MT
AutoGuide.com Group Digital Accounts Team - aka I help vendors join and support this forum with their products :)

Let me know if you'd like to advertise here or know of a vendor that would be interested in joining our community!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread:

Bought 2017 Si Coupe (was used with 5k miles) in EGP back in February.

Was going for a new Accord, but the color of the Civic on the lot stuck with me and my wife.

62 years of aged Old Fartz experience now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
42 yrs

I bought a 2017 Civic SI sedan

First car was a 1991 Honda Prelude Si w/4WS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought a CPO 2016 Civic Sedan Touring with 22,000 mileslast year. (2019)
I have a 75 mile/day round trip commute, so comfort and mileage are key. No complaints.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts