10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, normally I'm with the 8th gen club but today I come here to post a question concerning my sisters 2016 civic lx. She first noticed it wouldn't start, seemed like the battery died, after jumping it, it ran. We then took the battery to get it tested, which it tested out fine. After putting the battery back in the car, we decided we would go and take it for a drive to see if anything was wrong afterwards, which right after putting the battery back in, the traction control light and traction control off light came on (the two next to each other) and you could not turn traction control back on. After this we went for the drive and then the EPS light came on, as well as brake system light, and the tpms. As well, brake hold would not work, nor could you reset the tpms light. I plugged in my NT510 elite reader to get live data, the brake system all read fine values up to 40 bar, and the steering system read pretty accurately. The code that came up first was a U3000-49 DTC, which ended up turning off after clearing codes. The codes read were U3006-16 and c0051-62. It lists that the ECU isn't reading the position of the steering correctly and that there is a VSA system failure. Are there any common problems that might lead to these symptoms? Any information would be helpful, apparently there was a recall at one point for the VSA system for the code U3000-49 but that is not applicable on this car after a vin lookup. Is there some sort of programming you have to do once you remove the battery on the newer civics? I'm just not all that well equipped when it comes to the newer ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another code that popped up was U0416-68 which says VSA system malfunction, please if anyone can give direction on other ways we can figure this out it would be greatly appreciated. I have most tools you'd expect a honda guy would have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solution found I think, took it for a 10 minute drive and the lights went off, didn't think it needed a calibration like that because the lights came on after we were driving it to test it but apparently so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts