10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Rear Seat Cushion Removal?

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  VennaMecH 
#1 ·
I purchased the Honda seat cover kit for my rear seats in my 2016 Civic Touring Sedan and wish to install them. I was successful adding the ones that fit the top sections of the seat, the two split sections and the middle armrest. But I cannot get the lower cover installed on the bottom cushion as it fits extremely tight. I figured the best way is to remove the cushion first and install the cover on it and then reinstall it. But I cannot figure out how to remove that lower rear seat cushion. There are two bolts at the rear which I can get to between the lower and upper seat sections, no problem there. The front of the cushion however baffles me. I can lift the front edge barely enough to see there are latches of some type holding the front edge against the floor panel. Each latch has a white plastic piece at the front of it. I've tried pinching them, sliding them forward or rear, but they do not budge. I'm guessing I am lifting the seat cushion with so much pressure to gain access to these, that it prevents them from moving whichever direction they are to move. Has anyone figured out how to remove this lower rear seat cushion?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.