10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay everyone.
I have a 2016 civic touring coupe and a couple weeks ago the remote starter stopped working, AND the theft deterrent light stopped flashing when door is locked. ALSO, when I press the door lock on the remote, the lights no longer flash to confirm. Three things all due to ONE problem...(this is a FACTORY remote starter that came with the car).
I unplugged the negative battery cable for 2 hours and when I hooked it back up, everything worked properly again after the rebooting completed. Now two weeks later, it's doing the same thing but this time I can't get it to work even after rebooting the system.
Anyone else have this issue??
I do NOT have a second key in or near the car, and I am thinking there's a software glitch, or update needed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Regardless if anyone else has this issue, it's a warranty item and you need to get it to the dealer for analysis. At the very least, you get to have the problem documented for future electronic issues.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hay everyone.
I have a 2016 civic touring coupe and a couple weeks ago the remote starter stopped working, AND the theft deterrent light stopped flashing when door is locked. ALSO, when I press the door lock on the remote, the lights no longer flash to confirm. Three things all due to ONE problem...(this is a FACTORY remote starter that came with the car).
I unplugged the negative battery cable for 2 hours and when I hooked it back up, everything worked properly again after the rebooting completed. Now two weeks later, it's doing the same thing but this time I can't get it to work even after rebooting the system.
Anyone else have this issue??
I do NOT have a second key in or near the car, and I am thinking there's a software glitch, or update needed.
Take it to the dealership, it's under warranty, get it fixed, its free

1 - 8 of 8 Posts