10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i know how to roll the windows down with the remote, but does anyone know if it is possible to roll them back up via the remote?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I didn't even know the civic had this feature.... EX and above i assume? How does it work, if i might ask :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Window Up from remote may not be possible--can't find in the OM that it is. i suspect safety considerations--you're not there to see whose fingers you are crushing--drive this. If you are using the key in the door lock, you can close doors/moonroof with the double close/hold. But then you are there to see whose fingers you are crushing.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Window Up from remote may not be possible--can't find in the OM that it is. i suspect safety considerations--you're not there to see whose fingers you are crushing--drive this. If you are using the key in the door lock, you can close doors/moonroof with the double close/hold. But then you are there to see whose fingers you are crushing.
Don't all the auto up/down windows have pinch protection though? That would be at least both the front windows.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Don't all the auto up/down windows have pinch protection though? That would be at least both the front windows.
Yeah, but IIRC this cuts out at a certain minimum distance in case of ice. And, as you note, the rear windows don't have auto up, so I'm not sure they have it. Either way, I'm still betting this is the reason.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah same thing with my EX. I can roll the windows down but not up. Going to the dealership later today to see whats going on with that.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
is there a way7 to enable this stupid thing
i was at work today WINTER AS FAWK
and when i got out of work all my windows were down.....really not impressed with that....or maybe a fuse that we can take out or something to stop that from happening by accident while having the keys in my pocket...?

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can only roll all of them up with the hard key in the drivers door lock. It's a safety thing. Insert the key to the lock turn to lock once then again and hold till all the windows are closed

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok so i know how to roll the windows down with the remote, but does anyone know if it is possible to roll them back up via the remote?
SE
Yes, press once to lock and within 10 seconds press lock and hold button down and windows will raise as you hold

·
Registered
1 Posts
is there a way7 to enable this stupid thing
i was at work today WINTER AS FAWK
and when i got out of work all my windows were down.....really not impressed with that....or maybe a fuse that we can take out or something to stop that from happening by accident while having the keys in my pocket...?
I know this really isn’t funny but it made me giggle. Last night, my son comes home around 1am and says my windows are all down and it’s getting ready to rain. Nice son that he is 😂, he continues on to his room. I’m half asleep due to a Tylenol PM so I’m stumbling outside in a probably too short tshirt, no shoes to roll the ba****ds up. It was also about 35 degrees which wasn’t a whole lotta fun. Wish it had the roll up feature even if it stopped an inch or two from the top of the window.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts