10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the back Honda emblem yet? I did the whole dental floss thing to separate the glue, but i couldn't seem to remove it because of the two clamps that hold it in place. I didn't want to muscle it off, fearing that that the clamps would break. I want to mask it with carbon vinyl. Any advice?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The large H stuck to the trunk? don't think anyone has done it yet but I think you'll have to get to it through the underside of the trunk. found a guide and I think the same process still applies.

·
Registered
213 Posts
For removing any adhesive residue, I recommend naptha (part of old school lighter fluid), which is an excellent solvent, but will not harm clear coat finish.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Has anyone done this to their Civic or is there at least a photo of it? Just wondering what it looks like to have the badge removal on the rear of the Civic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I watched that video before trying. Its completely different. There is way more to the 2016 model, the trunk is different and the clips are not the same. You practically have to take the trunk apart to get to the back of the emblem. Honda made it very difficult with the new model civics. I gave it a try but got fed up with it. I'll let someone else figure it out lol

·
Registered
346 Posts
Has anyone removed the back Honda emblem yet? I did the whole dental floss thing to separate the glue, but i couldn't seem to remove it because of the two clamps that hold it in place. I didn't want to muscle it off, fearing that that the clamps would break. I want to mask it with carbon vinyl. Any advice?
Someone on this other forum did it, look for debadging
http://www.civicx.com/forums/

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
There's always the lazy way out and that's to just mask off the area and plasti dip it. wrapping is possible with it on the trunk but that's going to take a lot of time.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'm sure if you are careful you can paint the emblem black without removing it. Could be safer than taking the chance of messing up the body panel with scratches or dents trying to take off the emblem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For removing any adhesive residue, I recommend naptha (part of old school lighter fluid), which is an excellent solvent, but will not harm clear coat finish.
Used naphtha to wipe down F-117 stealth fighters years ago after the last flight of the day. Removed oil and hydraulic fluid from the radar absorbing material. Strong stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts