10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Instead of re-painting renders we have something much more substantial for you today.

We know the stock wheels aren't everyones cup of coffee, that's why we have a regular plain jack and jane 2016 Civic Sedan on two sets of aftermarket wheels.

For the photoshop inclined, feel free to add your own ideal wheel setup below!

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
18" Ce-28's! Or 18" Mugens...or Rota c8/10's

..the body might be too big to pull those wheels off, but I really really need to see this car in person to put good wheels in my head canvas.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think that the Civic looks better with darker colored rims. The first ones there are okay, but the finish on them just don't match in my opinion. I bet they would look good in gun metal though.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I think that the Civic looks better with darker colored rims. The first ones there are okay, but the finish on them just don't match in my opinion. I bet they would look good in gun metal though.
I agree. Gunmetal or traditional brushed steel/metal with black painted inserts (like what honda uses but in different designs).

Is it weird i think the LX hubcaps would look good as actual alloy wheels? Their design isn't too busy, more traditional compared to some of the others.

I've seen people put gold rims on their civics if they're blue (like the iconic impreza colors) and i thought it actually looked pretty good too.

·
Registered
441 Posts
A lot depends on the color combination. Gun metal, gold, and bronze all see like good choices depending on exterior color. This really pale silver color just doesn't do it for me though.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
These wheels from Five Axis should look good on the Civic, plus you can get them used for a good price, WITH tires:

·
Registered
135 Posts
A lot depends on the color combination. Gun metal, gold, and bronze all see like good choices depending on exterior color. This really pale silver color just doesn't do it for me though.
Gold and White Orchid could be GORGEOUS!

·
Registered
441 Posts
These wheels from Five Axis should look good on the Civic, plus you can get them used for a good price, WITH tires:

I like this combination. I think its just the light silver/grey that doesn't appeal to me.

How many people are actually thinking of getting after market rims though. They are expensive.

My favorite combo would be black with gold/bronze rims. But I'm likely not getting after market rims. Kinda defeats the purpose of going for a more affordable vehicle.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I like this combination. I think its just the light silver/grey that doesn't appeal to me.

How many people are actually thinking of getting after market rims though. They are expensive.

My favorite combo would be black with gold/bronze rims. But I'm likely not getting after market rims. Kinda defeats the purpose of going for a more affordable vehicle.
New wheels will be on my EX-T. :nerd:..im a tuner :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I like the grey those wheels are in, planning to get a white Civic, so on that it will look good... at least to me. Those more into the racer sort of look will like going grey.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Planning on a brightly colored Honda Civic so something dark like black will pair best with it. A bit of contrast.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
How much are you willing to spend on them? I have just seen a large quantity of rims that are quite expensive.
I'd have to see the car up close to really put a size that will flow with the body lines and the drop that I want. It looks like 18x8 will be the size that I will go with. I know I can get some replica wheels for under $1000 (wheel/tires) so that might be the way I will go along with some coilovers. I will be spending some time and money on R&D with my friend at his shop for some new charge piping and a blow off valve as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Instead of re-painting renders we have something much more substantial for you today.

We know the stock wheels aren't everyones cup of coffee, that's why we have a regular plain jack and jane 2016 Civic Sedan on two sets of aftermarket wheels.

For the photoshop inclined, feel free to add your own ideal wheel setup below!
The resemblance of the Crosstour is amazing. I like the bottom setup more than the top at the same time I like both.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I know this is all based on preference. The darker wheel set looks great.

However, some of these wheels look like what I would see in a high school parking lot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts