10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my detailer had to disassemble the built-in spoiler of my LX model hatchback to install 80% tint to the back window. After he re-assembled it though, I noticed some problems with the double-sided tape/foam seals on the edges of the spoiler. See pictures below.

I spoke with the Honda dealership adviser and he said that the foam was a 3M product and that I could buy replacements online or from Home Depot and have my detailer re-do these areas by cutting the tape to size. Does anyone know what kind I should tell my detailer to get? Or what I should do?

Even better, if there's an official part number for this piece, that'd be great since it'll be an exact fit.

Pic 1: Where the problems are located
Pic 2: Problem 1 - foam is peeling off
Pic 3: Problem 2 - tape is sticking out
Pic 4: A screenshot of a Youtube Vid showing the foam piece in original position

Attachments

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I spoke with the Honda dealership adviser and he said that the foam was a 3M product and that I could buy replacements online or from Home Depot and have my detailer re-do these areas by cutting the tape to size.
This is the product that I use for attachment on both interior and exterior parts. Great adhesion and it withstands both hot and cold temperatures very well, but it isn't inexpensive:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FUEN2GK/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3HWHZZGCJ3R9T&colid=3VJEY21LD2K30

1 - 2 of 2 Posts